500 (Classic) "Toxic Waste 500" thread :D

Currently reading:
500 (Classic) "Toxic Waste 500" thread :D

Adry500

Hi guys!
I finally decided what to do with the "toxic waste 500"!!! :slayer:

If you don't know what I'm talking about... :rolleyes:

I'ma use this thread to keep everyone updated, and I hope I can provide some insightful stuff :D

Aaaaaaand now the big news:

We started! :D

Let's get rid of the rust, shall we?

Amazing craftmanship, and superhuman soldering! :D
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIpkEZxTLJo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIpkEZxTLJo[/ame]

Last edited:
Awesome! I hope you can post some updates here if the resto. I’m not so good with keeping up to date with YouTube.

An export business is not a bad idea - in Australia we have few of these cars and an import is often the cheapest way to buy. But getting it from a trusted source in Italy is something I found hard so I gave up...

Man, this business idea basically is just me trying to make a passion my job :D
I will surely post restoration videos... already filmed one, and editing it... and if you ever need something from italy, just ask me! ;D

It is not bad car at all. IT is more than saveable! This car is in great shape. Less than a four weeks and it can be awsome-If you work on few days a week, or all day on weekends. I've seen cars that were rustbuckets, that were restored in few months.

Keep up a good work, and you will enjoy it. It is simple car, and so easy to work on.

We started the restoration!
Disassembly was a piece of cake... On the next episode we're gonna take care of all the damn rust... ;D

I enjoyed watching the disassembly video last night and thought that the easily constructed wooden storage crates were a good idea, especially if they're fitted with castors to allow them to be moved around.

The car looks to be in surprisingly good condition. The floors and even the rear wheel arches look solid. I expect the restorers will end up replacing a few panels as replacement is usually more cost effective than welding in repair sections.

Good luck with the new venture. I'll definitely contact you if I decide to buy another Italian classic.

I also enjoyed your video on Giannini. I'd heard of the company, but didn't realise it was one hundred years old!

Thanks for the appreciation!

I expect the restorers will end up replacing a few panels as replacement is usually more cost effective than welding in repair sections.

I'd check out the new update video ;):D:D:D

Your guys have an interesting take on Health and Safety. ;) (of themselves). Must be amazing having a whole team on the job at once!!

I must admit I was a bit gobsmacked at the first guy mig welding with a pair of glasses on with a breathing mask but the second went one better and did away with the mask, just went for the taped up glasses look.

They appear to know what they are doing though. It’s certainly different.:D

I bet when those welders make dinner tonight, they'll just pull the pasta out of the boiling water with their bare hands!

Bravo, Adriano - keep up the good work and keep the videos coming, they are fun to watch.

Back