General Ticking/Clicking Noise

Currently reading:
General Ticking/Clicking Noise

When the car is accelerating there is a clicking/ticking noise from the passenger footwell area
This is constant and does not increase with revs and stops when foot taken off accelerator
The sound only occurs under load when moving and not when accelerator pressed when stationary.

Sounds like a relay clicking noise ?

Any help appreciated

maybe transmission axle !
try to see if any ruber cap (i don't now how to say it in english) in transmission is rupture and if the noise increase wen turning to the rigth !

good luck !

CV joints are OK
The noise is a constant clicking and only when the car is under acceleration, it stops immediately when taking off the accelerator
The noise does not alter with revs
The noise does not occur when the engine is revved whilst stationary

It sounds like a relay clicking but I cannot link this to anything
The electrical side of the fuel system may be the culprit but what I cannot say
The car performs well with no problems

Probably not your case but still, my 2 cents.
Have had a misterious ticking problem some years ago. Was audible only under medium to strong acceleration, not audible when revving while stationery. However sounded very much like valve ticking, and of course frequency changed with rpms.

Took me a while to find the culprit, the flexible part of first exhaust pipe (partno 7768502) before the cat. Looked quite perfect on the outside, but broken inside. The noise only came under load because exhaust gas pressure is the highest.

Back