Technical Heater problems

Currently reading:
Technical Heater problems

davietich

Hi to all, I have a problem with my 500l Trekking, the dual climate control is blowing out hot air on the passenger side but only cold on the driver's side. The air con seems to be working fine as water is dripping from underneath car. The only thing I had noticed the last few months is that the outside temperature gauge is incorrect ( says 3° 'danger of ice' on a nice summer morning) just wondering if any of you kind folks could suggest what the problem may be!
Again, many thanks.

Seems to be a faulty sensor or a contact problem in the wiring. I don't think there is a lot you can do about it by yourself. Even if you get an OBD2 cable and check the sensor values, for any repair you'll need a garage, since the sensors usually are not really easy to replace.

I had the same heating issue but it appears to have resolved itself... I ran the ac on afternoon and later that night, I turned up the heat and it was fine both sides

Took car to Dealer, apparently it needs a new wing mirror( (where sensor is located) and some other part in the guts of the car which will take 6 hours total labour! Price quoted £730 ?

Well, I've had that problem going into the second year!! Thank God for a garage as demisting in the winter is a pain......EVERYTHING Fiat is SUCH a faff!!!

Back