General Rear inner wheel arch liners wanted

Currently reading:
General Rear inner wheel arch liners wanted

Al Martino

I am after a pair of new or used good condition rear wheel arch linings for my Panda Active, year 2008. What does anyone have and where? I'm willing to travel, but Sussex or Hampshire is ideal

Please PM me if you have any or can assist?

Car breakers usually throw them away so should be able to pick up a pair dirt cheap.

If you really can't find any spray a good thick layer of underbody anti chip coat over the whole area.

The idea is to have those in place and have a tubular bumper made, to add to my adventure kit i have planned, including tubular direct mount full length roof basket

Trial fit Thursday went well

Attachments

• 20190110_123725.jpg
    20190110_123725.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 61
Are you going on a long overland rally/tour?

When my 100HP hit a deer, the animal (not surprisngly) smashed the bumper but also (IMO very surprisingly) bent the main and air con radiators.They are in fact protected only by flimsy plastic that keep the weather off but little else. A steel tube hoop bolted to the solid steel under bumper would better protect the tops of the radiator. You would need to remove the front bumper to see my point but well worth a look at your car.

I got away with a bent air con rad (that still works) but any more damage would have totalled the main rad and spoiled my day even more.

The impact also shattered the headlight and radiator supporting "slam panel". Something to protect that would be sensible as you can't drive if the bonnet won't latch and/or the headlights are at wonky angles.

Last edited:
The idea of a matte black finish on a tubular rear bumper means i can use it as a step to get thinfs on and off the roif basket and tie down points for anything. Next stop, a fabricator! Running no rear bumper has nothing to do with the rear bumper delete fashionable by drift cars and the ability to show off the exhaust system on my Lamborghini either. Neither of which i have

Front bumper will remain as is. Wheel trims removed. Matte black wheels

The car has a heavy beam across the front for crash protection but the radiator and it's plastic carrying frame are otherwise very vulnerable. Break that frame and there is nothing to hold the bonnet down.

If you are going to be doing some properly rough stuff you'll need to think about protecting the radiator.

Are you going on a long overland rally/tour?

When my 100HP hit a deer, the animal (not surprisngly) smashed the bumper but also (IMO very surprisingly) bent the main and air con radiators.They are in fact protected only by flimsy plastic that keep the weather off but little else. A steel tube hoop bolted to the solid steel under bumper would better protect the tops of the radiator. You would need to remove the front bumper to see my point but well worth a look at your car.

I got away with a bent air con rad (that still works) but any more damage would have totalled the main rad and spoiled my day even more.

The impact also shattered the headlight and radiator supporting "slam panel". Something to protect that would be sensible as you can't drive if the bonnet won't latch and/or the headlights are at wonky angles.

Not much of rough stuff but lots of tour stuff intended. I may consider tubular stuff for the front end, but hadn't decided on anything yet. As the car will spend most of the time on motorways/ autoroutes/ autobahn/ autostrada it will keep the front bumper as is in the vain attempt of some degree of aerodynamics despite a laden roof basket,dry bags and tent etc under the cargo net

The bare front bumper bar would probably be seen as illegal in some countries as its not exactly pedestrian friendly.

I made the point about impact because "my" deer did so much damage when a simple loop of steel tube above the main bumper bar, hidden under the plastic bumper, would have saved a lot of expense. The poor deer would be suffering/dead either way.

The bonnet "slam panel" was also shattered in various places. However it's not just a bit going from left to right front wings. It carries rads, headlights bumper bottom edge, holds the bonnet down and looks a lot like a garden gate. Anything that helps avoid the bonnet failing to close has to be a good idea.

Does anyone have or know all the fixing part numbers for the wheel arch liners?

They are held by self tapping screws which screw into nylon blocks pre-clipped into the inner wing body panels. EPER (as I'm sure you know) doesn't bother itself with such details. You'll have to talk to a Fiat main dealer or maybe Shop 4 Parts can help.

Last edited:
Think we need some picture updates. And would love to know more about the roof basket.

Back