Technical fiat 500 warning messages everywhere!!

Currently reading:
Technical fiat 500 warning messages everywhere!!

Cerileigh

Hi Guys,

Here as I guess there will be a lot of expert advice from owners here that may be able to help me.

My daughter has a fiat 500 approx. 5yrs old. Lately she has been getting loads of different warning lights and warning messages coming up at varying times when she is driving the car (usually within a couple of minutes of start up). The cars performance seems completely unaffected however.

Some examples:
EBD failure message
ABS failure message
Fuel cut off message
Airbag failure message
Acceleration failure message

These are the ones I can think of as there has been others too.

I am presuming because the engine seems unaffected that this may potentially be a battery or some kind of wiring fault?

Does anyone on here have experience of similar that they could share with me please?

Many thanks for any advice
Ceri

This many warnings at once is usually a low battery (get a new one) or loose/corroded earth
Otherwise, have you checked the wiring loom in the boot?

These are all messages which can appear if you have the well-known hatch wiring fault - and the car is the right age for it.

Definitely something which should be checked first, before rushing into replacing the battery (although that's probably the second thing to try).

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies, will not be getting it looked at for a few weeks as off on hols tomorrow but will post when we've found the problem as might help others out in the future.

Thank you all again...Great place to come for answers ?

EBD Failure = Electric Battery Discharge Failure (?)

I got EBD Failure, all warning lights showing and car would only 'click' on turning key and I could hear some ticking of maybe a fuel pump under the car.

I have 2013 Pop with original battery.

Got a new battery and problems are 100% solved :)

Dan

I was surprised how quickly the EGM Battery failed on the 500c. Literally no warning and it was after a long drive, which should have been charging it. I think it was 6 years old when it failed, so 8 years is pretty good going for your battery.

We had a BMW long before the 500 and this taught us well on what wicked games a failing battery can play. We were not popular with neighbours because the BMW was fitted with an alarm that would go off randomly as a result. This became quite a handy feature in the end because it would alert me when the battery was low.

EBD Failure = Electric Battery Discharge Failure (?)

I got EBD Failure, all warning lights showing and car would only 'click' on turning key and I could hear some ticking of maybe a fuel pump under the car.

I have 2013 Pop with original battery.

Got a new battery and problems are 100% solved :)

Dan
EBD

Electric brakeforce distribution part of the abs system

Back