Technical Ecu versions

Currently reading:
Technical Ecu versions

Kevtherockstar

Hi all.

Long story short. Coil pack ‘A’ went but changed both coil packs, ht and sparks, but code still on ecu and car running on 2 cylinders. Lumpy idle, slow pulling away etc

Anyway...my car is a 2006 punto 8v 1.2l the ecu in the car is IAW 5AF.P4
(61601.69.03) HW303

I know if I change a second hand unit I need to change the bcm, key, etc but I can’t find a complete kit on eBay.

I can however find a complete kit with the ecu being IAW 5AF. P3 from a 2002 1.2 8v...............

will this work?

What’s the key difference between the two ecu units? If the problem is just that the older unit will give less fuel economy then I’m a swap it. Obviously if my unit is for abs and the other unit isn’t then I won’t swap it...

Thanks.
Other than that my next question on here is If i can get a stand-alone P4 ecu anyone on here that can Virgin it for me or know anybody that can ??? Preferably in South Wales

Last edited:
I don’t know what the rules are on bumpy but looking for a quick answer. As without a car at the Mo sorry

you need the p4 or the car wont run right
the other one you quote is possibly for a car with only a camshaft sensor being on an 02
i used to send these away to be virginised took a few days but looking the other week i cant find my link,i used to pay £35
the run out ecu like yours equates to a windows 10 so assume early versions were windows 95
you have the later engine too with the crankshaft that doesnt have a key

Last edited:
I just created another post , really as an update but a separate issue I think ...maybe... had three glasses of plonk sorry....

Basically I don’t think the issue is ecu relate as if I swap plugs the fault goes from coil pack one to coil pack two.

I’ve swapped out the sparks form cyls 2/3 in to 1/4 and still coil pack one issue so I know it’s not the spark plugs.

I’ve done a phonic reset just because ... still nothing.

I’ve tried a plug and play virgin ecu...still no fire

I’ve had a compression test done by the garage and confirmed ok.

Back