General Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

Currently reading:
General Been a way for a while and R.I.P Daniella

dtimmins1985

Established member
Morning all,

Thought I'd nip by and see what has been going on, been away for a while with various ailments but things seem to be improving :).

Anyhow, you will be sad to hear that Daniella is no more, 22nd May spelt a disastrous evening for her, was pulling out of a t junction with a van parked against the kirb to the right... edged ever so slowly and a little yaris (speeding) took the front end clean off, also jammed his car against mine.

Doubt they will get far with the insurance, it initially is my fault, so my insurance says but... CCTV says it all, I was cautious and he was speeding around a van that was causing a blind spot to the right of the junction... the two occupants of the yaris (in there 50s) quickly got out, we tried to move the cars but they wouldn't budge, then before we know it - the whole street is covered with people and spectators, anyhow as soon as the sirens could be heard from police, the two yaris occupants jumped back inside there car and starting yelling, a third person also jumped in the back.

The insurance company are aware and the police were not interested and just calmed down the situation.

Anyway, went to see the car at the recovery yard, chassis was straight, radiator, aircon rad, oil cooler, intercooler, both headlamps, bonnet, wings, all trashed - wasn't worth me repairing her a second time... plus I think the manifold had cracked.

Anyhow, final take - got my eye on another 150mj ;)

All the best folks.
Dan.

Sounds like rough luck mate. Sounds like you're alright though which is the important thing. Sorry end to the stilo but at least you're looking for another! Best of luck with that.

Morning all,

Thought I'd nip by and see what has been going on, been away for a while with various ailments but things seem to be improving :).

Anyhow, you will be sad to hear that Daniella is no more, 22nd May spelt a disastrous evening for her, was pulling out of a t junction with a van parked against the kirb to the right... edged ever so slowly and a little yaris (speeding) took the front end clean off, also jammed his car against mine.

Doubt they will get far with the insurance, it initially is my fault, so my insurance says but... CCTV says it all, I was cautious and he was speeding around a van that was causing a blind spot to the right of the junction... the two occupants of the yaris (in there 50s) quickly got out, we tried to move the cars but they wouldn't budge, then before we know it - the whole street is covered with people and spectators, anyhow as soon as the sirens could be heard from police, the two yaris occupants jumped back inside there car and starting yelling, a third person also jumped in the back.

The insurance company are aware and the police were not interested and just calmed down the situation.

Anyway, went to see the car at the recovery yard, chassis was straight, radiator, aircon rad, oil cooler, intercooler, both headlamps, bonnet, wings, all trashed - wasn't worth me repairing her a second time... plus I think the manifold had cracked.

Anyhow, final take - got my eye on another 150mj ;)

All the best folks.
Dan.

Just don't buy any of the 150MJ's i'm looking at ;)

Sounds like rough luck mate. Sounds like you're alright though which is the important thing. Sorry end to the stilo but at least you're looking for another! Best of luck with that.
Thanks Ben,

Couple of points I forgot to add above, the yaris occupants acted so bad when they heard the sirens and had firebrigade come after to cut them out, no air bags deployed either which says a lot from two modern cars.

Anyhow, I can't see my love dying for a while yet so another it shall hopefully be... also have lots of bits to put on her if go this route ;)

I'll be around for now whilst I'm well enough guys and thanks Ben!.

Kind regards,
Dan.

Sorry for your loss, I know that she will be missed.

I did wonder what was going on.

Why not go mad and get a estate and drop it on its arse with some even bonkers wheels?
That does sound like a good idea but I'd want another 150hp, not sure it was available as a MW...

Anyhow, will see how things pan out, I have my eye on another 5 or so different ones at the moment... just trying to arrange a driver or transport to get one home and on my drive, have already got eyes on a coilover system fit for the 150 and 170 models ;).

Back