Grande Punto General (what do I know)

Currently reading:
Grande Punto General (what do I know)

Mark685

Hi, i'm new to these parts - have had a Grande Punto for 9 years. Have had various problems - 2 alternators so far and power steering glitches; other than that, all is well (today). Would be grateful for advice on what to look out for. I have a low mileage (33k since I got it new under the scrappage thing). Just found out on here that there's a scuttle drain deflector to direct rainwater away from the alternator - have ordered one already so thank you - maybe that's £300.00 i've saved already for an 11 quid outlay. I am very green and naive though so any advice would be gratefully received as to common issues / what to look out for. Thank you and kind regards to you all. Mark. :)

Hi Mark and welcome on board !!

new to this forum and owning a Grande for 9 years means that you haven't faced too many problems so far… but maybe two alternators undue replacement ;-) Most probably the power steering glitches were also related to that ridiculous 10€ scuttle drain upgrade. Don't know what you engine is (you didn't said) but you might consider a cambelt replacement, not for the 33K but for the 9 years, unless you're Lucky to have a timing chain …

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Back