Technical Backfire

Currently reading:
Technical Backfire

MultiRacer

Hello!

I have this little problem with my 1.2 8v 60HP... We are going on vacation with it to Hungary on friday. So I fixed a vew things, brake lines, brakes, oil change, sparkplugs, sparkplug wires and even coils. Magnetti Marelli coils. The clutch is fresh, gearbox oil as well... The car is almost brand new...:D:p

BUT... even before i changed the coils, the car started "puffing" from under the hood when i accelerate from low RPM's. It also won't accelerate that fast....

The sparkplugs and everything is OEM from the FIAT dealership.

Does anyone have had the same problem? Or any ideas? Is it injecting too much fuel? Do I need to adjust the fuel pressure on the injector?

battled with my punto for days and had to realign timing marks on cam and timing belt pulley.

Yeah, I'd say the timing belt may have slipped a tooth or 2, quite common on these engines and thankfully not fatal as they're non-interference!
Good opportunity to renew the belt, and you may as well whack a new water pump and aux belt in there while you're at it.

Thanks guys,

Have done my waterpump and belt 15000 KM ago, Half a year ago... I think a leaking valve maybe. I happen to have a renewed cilinderhead laying arround... I might just change it. But i'll check the timing as well the belt is a little loose tho

Hi, i have same issue with my 1.1Liter.
But for me i have grey smoke with gas smell from the tailpipe plus fuel smell on the oil. I changed the injector. I need to take cylinder compression. Might be a leaking cylinder. I hope not...

no its not the coolant...it stay full...might be the piston rings r som thing

Head gasket failure on my 55S became so intractable that I fitted a mk2 head and 10mm studs rather the standard 9mm bolts. Cured it for good, but it's true that head gasket leakage sometimes begins very slowly without much water loss until it fails completely. See my guide on mk2 head on mk1 Punto. If the engine's never been stripped down expect to find anything at all when you lift off the head, these engines were assembled by machine not humans.

Back