Technical Injection warning light repeat problem

Currently reading:
Technical Injection warning light repeat problem

Since I got my Punto Mark2 last spring, I have had lots of problems with this light, yet not once have I noticed any sluggish perofrmance

In June 2017 I paid £160 for a new catalitic converter when this light came on, then a month later I paid £50 for a number 2 Lambda (or something like that), then in December I paid £50 for a coolant temperature sensor, followed in January 2018 by a new thermostat and an earth lead that cost £110 after he spent hours in the garage trying to diagnose it.

To be fair I have had 6 months now without any lights come on, but then same as before, as soon as there is any weight in the car (i.e 4 people) then teh light comes on again. Still no difference in performance but that light is on whenever I drive it.

But surely after 12 months it can't require a new catalictic coverter, or after even less time a new lambda, coolant temeprature censor or thermostat that have all been replaced?

I am beginning to have this theory that this light comes on when the weather is extreme - either freeezing or baking hot? I have never noticed any performance issues through all these warning lights.

I know this Injection System Fault Dashboard Warning Light can be smptomatic of al the above causes, but may I ask if any of you experts think it is linked to extremes of weather? Os is that just poppycock!

First things first, it's not an injection warning light, it's an Engine Management Light - 2 very different things.

Secondly, when the light illuminates, the ECU stores an error code which will tell you what it thinks is wrong, and will hopefully point you in the direction of the issue.

I'm hoping that your garage have been reading the codes and replacing the suspect parts, and not just throwing money at it as that's hardly fair on you!

If you have a Windows laptop, and want to try and diagnose the issue yourself, you can get a copy of MultiECUScan and the appropriate cables from Gendan (other suppliers are available), plug it in and have a look for yourself. Alternatively, if you let us know where you are, someone local may have a copy and be willing to plug in and have a look for you.

Oh, it's unlikely to be weather related unless something has a fault which is only apparent when it gets warm, the heat on its own won't cause warnings, after all this weather is a lot cooler than some countries where the Punto was sold!

Last edited:
First things first, it's not an injection warning light, it's an Engine Management Light - 2 very different things.

Secondly, when the light illuminates, the ECU stores an error code which will tell you what it thinks is wrong, and will hopefully point you in the direction of the issue.

I'm hoping that your garage have been reading the codes and replacing the suspect parts, and not just throwing money at it as that's hardly fair on you!

If you have a Windows laptop, and want to try and diagnose the issue yourself, you can get a copy of MultiECUScan and the appropriate cables from Gendan (other suppliers are available), plug it in and have a look for yourself. Alternatively, if you let us know where you are, someone local may have a copy and be willing to plug in and have a look for you.

Oh, it's unlikely to be weather related unless something has a fault which is only apparent when it gets warm, the heat on its own won't cause warnings, after all this weather is a lot cooler than some countries where the Punto was sold!

I thought my theory might to be impolite, just ********, but I just wondered if the extreme weather could adversely effect the liquids that the engine depends on - coolants etc.

I think its in the manual that it is called the Injection system, but yes it is the Engine Management System. To be fair my garage are fine, sometime in the past the light came on and off, but this time it is now always on when I am driving, but as I say it drives perfectly - done 40 miles today no issues at all.

Will take it on for them to read the codes, thanks for your help, I just can't believe how many issues I have had with this single light warning, despite never having had any engine performance problems at all.

Last edited:
Ask for the trouble codes retrieved
This will help identify shays going on

I hope the garage aint just replacing oartd based on codes.....
As codes dont always mean parts ...

Ziggy

Many thanks again Ziggy, I'll ask them for precise detail.
Kind of you to help.

Back