Technical Exhaust

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust

Voko

My exhaust look the part, fits well, and I think it's stainless steel, but it's too noisy for my taste..[emoji15] ...so I might see what a local exhaust fabricators can do to quieten it down a bit..Out of curiosity, would anyone know what exhaust it is, possibly DTR? IMG_20180624_140354850.jpegIMG_20180624_140412022.jpegIMG_20180624_140427108.jpeg

Can anyone tell me what the standard exhaust sounds like on the Barchetta?. I was looking at either getting a new back box made up for my current system or just getting a whole cat back standard after market for about the same price. (£130 ish on ebay). I don't mind a sporty sound when pressing on, but I don't like the boominess of mine (2-3500 revs), which dominates everything and is a bit out of character....Especially when I might just want a quiet pootle down the country lanes and villages.....Any exhaust opinions welcome - is it possible to get a nice sound with just a centre and back box, and is the standard system so rubbish its not worth bothering with?....

Hi, I changed my DTR SS exhaust which sounded loud with a standard exhaust and I can now listen to the radio or play music on long journies without becoming tired of the loud droning. I loved the sound of the SS exhaust but at my age it was too much. I now enjoy my drives in the sun much more.
Regards StevePD

Thanks Steve, I'm going the same way...I don't like to think of it as getting old (50 is the new 30 apparently), just more in character of the Barchetta, I think I'll enjoy country drives much more......

Back