South Central All Italian Breakfast Meet, Alton, Hants. Saturday 4th August 2018

Currently reading:
South Central All Italian Breakfast Meet, Alton, Hants. Saturday 4th August 2018

All Italian Breakfast Meet, Alton, Hants. Saturday 4th August 2018
Posted by Ross156
The Departure Lounge, Alton
Saturday, August 4, 2018 - 01:00 AM
Until: Saturday, August 4, 2018 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ross156

Following our fantastic meet in June, our next event will be on Saturday the 4th August. The April and June meets have both seen fantastic attendance with approximately 100 cars of all Italian marques and from modern daily drives to classics. In June we had an 8C, 2 De Tomaso Panteras, and a Lamborghini Diablo, as well as a plethora of Fiats representing many eras and types. I always particularly enjoy the Coupes, 500s, and the nice Cinquecento Sporting we had last time, with a very enthusiastic owner!

For The Drive took some great footage of the last event, and you can see this here...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=orQW-hdzoh0

As usual the next meet will be held at The Departure Lounge Cafe GU34 4BH, just outside Alton in northern Hampshire.
The cafe is a great venue for a breakfast meet, as it has a large solid field on which we can park all of our cars so as to be all together and out of the main public car park.
The meet starts at 10am. It is open to any Italian car of any age, and is completely free to attend. Attendees have come from across the southern counties, with enthusiasts arranging their own convoys from Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, and Surrey or arriving independently. It typically goes on until about 1 or 2pm, although people can come and go at any time.

There are few meeting points that I am aware of; for those coming from southern Hampshire there is a meet leaving at 08:30 in the car park of Sainsbury's at Junction 7 of the M27 (Hedge End), close to the petrol station, and then drive up in convoy.

There is also another meet in Newbury at 0900 in the McDonald car park at - Newbury Retail Park, Pinchington Ln, Newbury RG14 7HU

We would love to see you all again, or meet you for the first time if you haven’t been before. Please do also spread the word to other Italian marque forums or boards that you are part of.
Ross

IMG_1743.JPG
Will be there again!
Thanks Ross

Anyone from Yorkshire attending or is it too far?

Google Maps shows it being 237 miles from York, and expects journey time to be 4h 15m.
For a breakfast meet, gathering around 10am, means quite an early start. Be there for a couple of hours and head home again.
I doubt many will consider it from that far. But you will of course be very welcome if you do.

That's what I was thinking. I would have to arrange child care for the day as well. If I could do that I might consider it though as sounds fun and I love driving my Fiat. Might actually enjoy the long drive.

I'll be there hopefully.

Having said that, I won't be there in my car as it's going into have the insurance work brought up to standard. Woo for hire cars again.

Probably gonna be a 52 plate Yaris or something... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking. I would have to arrange child care for the day as well. If I could do that I might consider it though as sounds fun and I love driving my Fiat. Might actually enjoy the long drive.

Way delayed on this - if you were considering coming down this way for a meetup of sorts, I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to come to the summer picnic in the new forest if/when it happens. Hopefully details will appear soon!

Few days to the meeting
Anyone going from London?

Back