Technical Replacing light bulb atop rear license plate (500L Trekking)

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing light bulb atop rear license plate (500L Trekking)

Pddigi

I was unable to find specific instructions for replacing the bulb (1 of 2 is out). The YouTube video for doing this on a different model does not apply. Each bulb housing is flanked to either side with a clip. I removed those, then tried to remove the bulb housing. I can get itvpartially out, but I’m afraid to yank too hard when I encounter resistance. There’s a metallic piece (possibly an internal clip) that becomes visible, but attempts to release the clip using a screwdriver were unsuccessful. Advice?
PS: I attached a photo of the warning light that my son found while driving - I couldn’t find this online either. When he restarted the car later in the day, it spelled out the warning in Text.

Attachments

• E4241913-27AE-42DD-943F-25BC2DF14623.jpeg
    E4241913-27AE-42DD-943F-25BC2DF14623.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 167
So I went back out today to wash the car and have another go at it. That metal clip (toward the center of the car, so left side for the passenger side tail light bulb bracket) is a tension clip. I pulled on the right side (outside) of the bracket and pushed it toward the center (leftward) and the clip released the housing. Changing the bulb (2825) was easy, as was rewearing the bracket and exterior clips.

Corrections to above: it’s the license plate bulb bracket, not the tail light; and reseating (not rewearing - thanks autocorrect!)

Back