General Looking for a petrol Multipla

Currently reading:
General Looking for a petrol Multipla

julesh

Hi, not sure if this is in the right place so mods feel free to move.

We've owned two petrol Multiplas, both red, one was a 2002 model, bought 2006 and scrapped in 2011 the second an early 2004 model that now needs replacing as my local garage reckons the repair costs are much more than the value of the car.

We need to replace the car. My wife wants another Multipla and I'm not too unhappy with the decision as we drive quite a lot of miles and both find it very comfy. We guess we'll have to buy a boring looking (post 2004) one and there are plenty on the market but my wife insists on a petrol model and these appear to be the proverbial hens teeth (for reasons I understand well.

Is anyone here looking to sell a 2007 or later Petrol multipla or know where there might be a secret stash of them. There is one on the market (Ebay and AutoTrader) and Gloucester's a bit far to go. I'm in London BTW. Thanks!

Is an

What's wrong with old faithful, maybe a bit of TLC will not go unappreciated?
my old (02) ELX was a good un, I sold it in 2012 an it's still going strong, the old chap who has it said he wouldn't want anything else.
Maybe a few quid will see your Bug right to serve for another few years.
My latest (04) ELX JTD is awaiting the spanners, but it'll be mobile in a few days, it ain't dead yet...
George

julesh - Looking at the year-by-year figures for late-model petrol Multiplas, the reason you're finding it difficult to buy one is that there are hardly any on UK roads. The model descriptions listed with the DVLA are a bit scatty so it's a little tricky to tell for certain which figures are for petrol, but as best as I can work out, these are the numbers of cars you have to choose from:

Dynamic (i.e. base model trim)
2007: 13 (plus 1 on SORN)
2008: 9
2009: 3

Dynamic Plus (i.e. mid-range trim)
0 (though 8 2006 models are still on the road)

Eleganza (top range trim)
0 (though 6 2006 models are still on the road)

According to the DVLA, that's the lot. So you're looking to find 1 of 25 post-2006 cars. Even if you include all of the Mk1 'roundnose' petrol Multiplas, the DVLA says there are only 865 left on UK roads and that includes any that are on SORN. The most numerous of petrol models I can find in the statistics are the 2001 16V ELX. There are 65 of those still taxed and running, with a further 61 on SORN.

You're looking for what is fast becoming a rare beast!

Thank you for that stellar piece of research.

I'd noticed there were a lot of 2001 models. I guess that was the year was the model was fashionable among the sort of people, like me, who like the Multipla.

Back