Technical Replacing the reversing light bulb

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing the reversing light bulb

TinoArts

Hello, my reversing light bulb probably burned out so I neet to replace it. I've been looking into the manual, but there are no steps for this, just "Contact fiat dealership". Can anyone throw some steps on how to do it, so I won't get surprised midway? Thanks!

Also, when my plate light burned out I was getting the yellow light on the dashboard for burned light. I am not getting any warning now, even though my reversing light is out (I tried putting R in gearbox, still no light) - is this normal behavior?

Thanks. Now I realized I haven't checked the reverse light fuse yet... I will check it. But if it's not the case ant bulb will be ok - is it difficult to check/repair/replace the reverse switch?

Update: the fuse was all right (however I had 5A fuse in the F35 slot and according to the manual it should be 7.5, so I changed it.

Can somebody throw some more info about the reverse light switch? Thanks!

Hi, access to the bulb is from underneath the rear bumper. You have to reach behind the bumper and feel for the back of the lamp then twist the bulb holder and pull to reveal the bulb however if it's not throwing up a bulb error on the eh it may well be the reverse light switch.

Thanks for this. Couldn't work out how to change the bulb!

As for the warning light on the dash, it doesn't apply to all bulbs, only ones you wouldn't notice. At least on my Croma it warns of brake light, number plate light, front or rear side light, fog light. It doesn't warn of indicators or head lights, for example. Maybe reverse is the same, that it assumes you would notice it?

Back