General 130tc cooling plumbing

Currently reading:
General 130tc cooling plumbing

stevieg32

Hi All,I've just pulled the trigger and bought a 130tc motor for my 'Abarthish' project and was wondering if anyone had the elbow and plumbing for the top cooling pipes on the head?

130tc.jpg

There are two elbow pipes:

1) To cylinder head with flange: P/N:5960978
2) Inline elbow with take off pipe: P/N:5960571

Can't help with either other than the P/Ns above.

Great thanks,will most definitately help with the search.

Just found these on German ebay for a 125tc,are they the same as what i need?,i realise the flange pipe is not there.

abarth pipes.jpg

Yes they look like the ones you need.

In the picture the lower pipe with the small flange at the left hand end is the pipe from the back of the the water pump. In your original post you only asked about the cylinder head top pipes.

To be honest i had no idea about the lower pipe,so yes,that is needed too.Thanks for the confirmation,guess i better hit the buy it now button!

These original parts are just painted mild steel items.

If the paraflu / equivalent antifreeze has been used then the inside surfaces will be pretty good, rot and pit free.

However in my experience it is the outer just plain painted surfaces that suffer the most from corrosion and erosion.

It does not cost that much to get these pipes restored and properly re-plated. Depending on the condition / pitting of the pipe to hose interface minimal preparation work will be required. If the pipe to hose surfaces are badly corroded and pitted then some metal filling may be required.

If you do not have any of these pipes then they will be worth purchasing to be used as templates for new (stainless steel) custom created replacements.

Hi - i recently had a SS top pipe made up from my rusty old pipe, after searching high & low for a new Fiat part to no avail. I would agree with S130 re SS fabrication, its relatively cheap and a good long term option. If you do this just make sure to get the raised lips at the end of the outlets to give the hoses something to hold onto. Looks pretty good too !

HOWEVER would also consider the in-head thermostat option, would alter the standard top-pipe arrangement? but result in a cooler twin cam - I wish i had done this in hindsight !

Attachments

• dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
Back