Technical Radio Code

Currently reading:
Technical Radio Code

andersongiovani

Please. I blocked my radio and now it wants a code. Anyone help me? Attachment the ticket of my radio.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-03-26 at 15.31.01.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-03-26 at 15.31.01.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 114
Please. I blocked my radio and now it wants a code. Anyone help me? Attachment the ticket of my radio.

Look in the glovebox. My 2015 pop had the card folded up in the netted pouch on the left hand side

There’s an unlock code to use a radio not in the United States right because in the US we don’t have to type in a code in order to use the radio

You should only need the code if you transfer the radio to another vehicle. It's intended to deter thieves, as a stolen radio won't work in a different vehicle without the code.

A copy of the code is generally provided with the vehicle documentation (often on a small card); it's something that should be checked is there if purchasing a secondhand car (and possibly even a new one).

On some marques of car (but generally not Fiat), you might also need the code if the radio loses its permanent live feed, for example if the battery were removed or went completely flat. Fiat store a copy of the code in the car's body computer, and it automatically retrieves it from there if power to the radio is interrupted.

However, the deterrent value of the system is essentially broken, since it's not hard to find the code for most car radios with the help of the internet. Franchised dealers will also provide you with the code (generally for a fee) on sight of proof of ownership.

Last edited:
Back