General Tipo Uconnect Nav Updates

Currently reading:
General Tipo Uconnect Nav Updates

Mike Millar

Hi All,

I've just collected my new Tipo 1.6 JTDm
It has the 5" Uconnect Live Nav and I was wondering if anyone could advise on updating the Sat Nav

Cheers

M

Hi All,

I've just collected my new Tipo 1.6 JTDm
It has the 5" Uconnect Live Nav and I was wondering if anyone could advise on updating the Sat Nav

Cheers

M
Personally I wouldn't update it. Tried to update mine from v971 to r1000 and I believe that there was some corrupt files in the download. Started to update and it failed - spectacularly in that I had the car back in (1000 miles on clock picked up on 25th Feb this year) to have the whole radio unit replaced! That was direct recommendation from FIAT Tech services.
Taking it back next week as the sat nav will not connect to my mobile for live services and keeps going 'off piste' i.e. driving down motorway & it doesn't recognise the road - telemetry/calibration issues? Would leave well alone until they resolved

Thanks buddy

I've been in fairly regular contact with Ciao Fiat regarding issues connecting my app to the car although my wife has no such issues

For future reference where do you obtain the downloads is it from Mopar

I had trouble updating my maps too, first attempt stopped part way through and the car filled with "uh-oh" sounds, tried again same thing happened. Tried again next day, no luck. Then wiped the usb drive and tried again, failed again. Wiped another usb drive and tried installing from that and it worked!

Be aware that when the screen says it will take about 30 minutes, it won't, it's more like 1 1/4 hours, so you need to be patient and have the engine running whilst it's installing.

How I did it...(do at your own risk, no liability will be attributed to myself for following any of the instructions below)
1 Download License and map files.
2 Format 8GB+ USB flash drive (backup anything you want to keep from it first)
3 Unzip the map files to your computer's hard disk.
4 Copy the license file to the USB drive
5 Copy the four unzipped map files to the USB drive
6 Switch on car engine.
7 Plug USB drive into the car and follow the on screen instructions.
8 If it fails try another USB drive and repeat steps 2,4,5,6,7 again.
9 Wait/drive around for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, don't switch engine or radio off!

Last edited:
Back