General Fiat Panda 4th generation (2019)

Currently reading:
General Fiat Panda 4th generation (2019)

Fiat is working on the new Panda, later also as a hybrid.
According to insiders in Turin Fiat is already working hard on the fourth generation.
The new Panda will have more variants to come.
Think of the regular five-door-Panda, but maybe also a SUV and other versions.
A diesel will probably no longer be on the menu, there for there will be a small hybrid based on the new three-cylinder FireFly engine.
The production of the Panda will be returning to Poland, in Pomigliano there will be only Alfa Romeos and Jeeps rolling of the production line.
The current Panda has been presented in 2011 and will be in production until the end of 2019, by that time, the successor is ready.
So it will probably not take long before we will see the first spy photos of the new Panda.

Source@corsaitalia

I agree that that article is not 100% convening but it seems so hard to find any Fiat news compared to other car manufacturers.

Yes it is interesting to see what they do with the next Panda. I also wonder if the next 500 will share the platform again or if they will be different sizes if rumours of a larger 500 are true.

I just hope Fiat don't wait too long for the new Panda as I am getting very close to needing a new car but the engine choices currently available don't appeal to me when my MJ still returns much better MPG and to me at least is nippier than the 1.2 FIRE engine.

Hi.
I know the FIRE engine doesn't suit everyone but it still sells well and is also liked by many drivers. I still get nice comments when giving friends a lift and from family, the majority who own 3 cylinder engined cars, they all like the smoothness and quietness of the engine.

Nope, Mk4. ;)

You have the first generation 1980-2003, with facelift in 1986. (Type 141A)
The Second Generation 2003-2013. (Typ 169)
And the third Generation 2013- up to now. (typ 319)

Wasn't the original 1980-6 model a type 141, and 1986-2003 a 141A...not least as the 1986 changes were actually fairly radical under the skin (can't remember exactly but wasn't the whole Panda migrated onto the Y10 platform in 1986?)

Nope, Mk4. ;)

You have the first generation 1980-2003, with facelift in 1986. (Type 141A)
The Second Generation 2003-2013. (Typ 169)
And the third Generation 2013- up to now. (typ 319)

The Mk1 wasn't just a facelift in 1986. This very forum differentiates the models between pre and post 1986.

Capture.JPG

https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/321308-mk1-panda-members-cars-3.html?p=4292586

Personally, I'm more accepting of this as fact than some dubious articles with suppositions about what Fiat might, maybe, possibly be doing with future Panda models.

;)

If there's still space on the Panda sweepstake, can I predict that Fiat will simply forget to replace the Panda? Instead of unveiling a new, larger Mini-like 500 and a replacement Panda in 2019, Sergio Marchionne will instead reveal a new Croma replacement (having forgotten to replace it some years ago) before expressing puzzlement and frustration when it proves to be a catastrophic flop.

Maserati will be moved back under the control of Ferrari, Alfa Romeo will move under the control of Chrysler, who will start re-badging ropey people carriers as Lancias and Fiat will proudly unveil a new Fiat Regata replacement, having found a brochure from 1983 down the back of the sofa. When that records sales figures even worse than the Renault Avantime. They will then remember how successful the 500 and the Panda were and produce a replacement 126 instead

If there's still space on the Panda sweepstake, can I predict that Fiat will simply forget to replace the Panda? Instead of unveiling a new, larger Mini-like 500 and a replacement Panda in 2019, Sergio Marchionne will instead reveal a new Croma replacement (having forgotten to replace it some years ago) before expressing puzzlement and frustration when it proves to be a catastrophic flop.

Maserati will be moved back under the control of Ferrari, Alfa Romeo will move under the control of Chrysler, who will start re-badging ropey people carriers as Lancias and Fiat will proudly unveil a new Fiat Regata replacement, having found a brochure from 1983 down the back of the sofa. When that records sales figures even worse than the Renault Avantime. They will then remember how successful the 500 and the Panda were and produce a replacement 126 instead

I'm going to burn you as a witch if even 1/2 of this comes true :p

The Mk1 wasn't just a facelift in 1986. This very forum differentiates the models between pre and post 1986.

View attachment 189241

https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/321308-mk1-panda-members-cars-3.html?p=4292586

Personally, I'm more accepting of this as fact than some dubious articles with suppositions about what Fiat might, maybe, possibly be doing with future Panda models.

;)
If that's the case it means I've had one from each generation! I'd always thought I'd had two Mk1s, a MK2 and a Mk3. Turns out it was a MK1, MK2, MK3 and a MK4.

My favourite? I like my MK4 TA and the MK2 1000ie was a bundle of rattling fun - but there was a reason I kept my 1.2 169 for 9 years. It was a bloody brilliant car.

View attachment 189241

;)

What the forum does is a different story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Panda

I suppose a facelift version can be called a new generation, whereas a whole new design can be called a new mk. That's how I'd interpret it.

Personally, I think the best way of doing it is to call the facelift version of a car the mk_b, like what they do with the facelift model mk2 Punto.

Last edited:
Back