500X I’m back after a few years. Have a 500x now 4x4 cross plus 2l diesel amalfi yellow

Currently reading:
500X I’m back after a few years. Have a 500x now 4x4 cross plus 2l diesel amalfi yellow

Esseesse200

So after leaving from here 3 years ago after selling the Abarth punto I’m back with a 500x as title. Bit noisey tho aren’t they

What do you think of it, like that colour by the way.
Do you use Selenia WR Oil??

A good choice, the amalfi looks nice. Rare too but coincidentally I did see one yesterday in London.

As for noise i'd tend to agree, but it kinda adds to the charm a bit. They do go quieter as they warm up so maybe it's just noisy due to the cold weather. They also go quieter as the your speed rises.

Before my 2.0 diesel 500x cross auto I had a 500 Lounge with the 1.3mjd 95bhp (same engine you can get in the cheaper 500x), and from memory that was a little noisier.....and had far more unequal power delivery. Dead under 1,600rpm and then the turbo kicks in too much.

That said, I don't think the 2.0l engine is as noisy for example vs the old mercedes 2148cc which has been in allsorts of cars, this was very noisy. They part cured the problem by adding loads of sound deadening, but that in turn adds weight.

So after leaving from here 3 years ago after selling the Abarth punto I’m back with a 500x as title. Bit noisey tho aren’t they

Oh we love it. Had a Fabia vrs estate before it and an Abarth punto esseesse before that which were silent so that’s probs why I think it noisy. But I have an Octavia vrs estate diesel and I’m probs trying to compare with that. Anyway it does add character ;-)
Colour is epic. Fuel economy I’m not to sure about yet though.

What do you think of it, like that colour by the way.
Do you use Selenia WR Oil??

Only just got it mate so not needed any oil yet. It will be serviced by our local fiat dealer so I’m hoping they will use that but I might get a tub for too up purposes. 0/30 isn’t it ?

Fuel economy I’m not to sure about yet though.

I wouldn't worry too much about the economy just yet. It should improve by 1-2 mpg as the weather warms up, and again once you put some miles on it.

This winter I'm down to 43-45 mpg at the moment but have had as good as 51-52 in the summer, but it normally settles at about 47

I wouldn't worry too much about the economy just yet. It should improve by 1-2 mpg as the weather warms up, and again once you put some miles on it.

This winter I'm down to 43-45 mpg at the moment but have had as good as 51-52 in the summer, but it normally settles at about 47

Is that on a 2l multijet. It’s done 12k miles and it’s bringing about 35-37 on my wife’s run to work. Country lanes and abou 3 miles of dual carriage way.
I’ll take it for work Monday down to the midlands from us up here in Sunderland and see how it goes

Is that on a 2l multijet. It’s done 12k miles and it’s bringing about 35-37 on my wife’s run to work. Country lanes and abou 3 miles of dual carriage way.

I’ll take it for work Monday down to the midlands from us up here in Sunderland and see how it goes

Yep, 2.0 Multijet 9 sp Auto 4x4, 28,500 miles now

Country lanes will definitely reduce that, much happier on A Roads or MWays, and Sport Mode will slaughter it

Last edited:
Only just got it mate so not needed any oil yet. It will be serviced by our local fiat dealer so I’m hoping they will use that but I might get a tub for too up purposes. 0/30 isn’t it ?

Yep it is! I also have Fabia vRS but found it relatively quiet compared to my old Fiat Bravo 165 MJ!!

Back