Tuning Fiat Tipo 1.4 16V 2016 engine upgrades

Currently reading:
Tuning Fiat Tipo 1.4 16V 2016 engine upgrades

ruipedro2a

Hello dear friends,

I am the owner of a fiat tipo saloon from 2016, bought it here in france, i was one of the first customers to order the car, so at the time the only petrol engine avaliable here in france was the 1.4 16V 95ps.

At the moment i changed the wheels,
there is a custom made catback, BMC filter, and ecu remap, the car is performing 105ps at the wheels with 147nw..

I don't plan to change this car.. i want to keep this car, so much love on this car.

What are the options for this engine, knowing it's a NA,
Turbo ? kompressor ?

I know there is a kompressor kit outhere, but dunno where to buy that?

what do you guys recommend.

Also, the starjet 1.4 16V 95ps have drum brakes at the back from factory, is there any way to put the disk brakes from the diesel verson ? is there need to change the axle ?:)

You would need to invest massive amounts, both money and time.
Should have gotten the 1.4 turbo.

Best way to get a reliable, stronger engine... replace it with a t-jet. Easy stock 120-150 hp.... with slight tune..180-200 hp.

Last edited:
As i said at the time those options were not avaliable..

But probably the best option now is to replace the engine with abarth turbo engine..

what you think ?

That would be what i recommended...
BUT
Technical:
-you might also have to replace the gearbox, drive shafts, wheel bearings+ spindles.
-you will have to replace the ECU as well.
-see if the ECU will play nice with the other electronics in the car.
-check if you will need to rewire the car for the ECU.
-fuel system from a donor car. I'm sure it will be different.. bigger pump bigger pressure...return lines ...etc
(you will find other problems along the way.. maybe the AC is in a different location.. =>new pipes..new compressor? etc etc)
It will be cheaper to buy an entire car t-jet Bravo /GP..and have all the donor parts,ecu, cables, hoses etc.

Legal stuff:
-get the new engine registered to the car
-different emissions
-insurance

Can be done! But if you were just tinkling it'll take a few hours labor at a garage you were dreaming.

I don't even know why i bother...:idea::idea::idea::idea:Sell it get a T-jet... or whatever.

Last edited:
Sorry i will not sell this car.. and wont buy a bravo or a punto... this is a sedan, way better than the bravo or punto, even the 500 is not this good.. i already found an abarth engine for my car, looking to see what i need to buy with, there is no problems with AC or other things because the engine is really the same.. and i keep the same gearbox, ECu is the same as the abarth or the T-JET.. i went to a garage spoke with a guy which as done this on other fiat's and it seems really easy, just have to buy an abarth engine with turbo which is the principal..

said sell it and buy a t-jet ..as in buy a t-jet Typo.. however you want it. (but a hatchback is WAY better hat a sedan)

The other recommendation of buing a bravo/GP was to buy an entire car FOR PARTS.
You will also need the intercooler... and to make that a factory fit, you'll need the radiator and the AC condenser...

I rather buy a sedan.. always love this kind of body, i have a renault R19 too which is a hatchback but a bigger one...
And this one is really nice to look..

Concerning buy another tipo T-jet i will not because i bought this car at the time, my first brand new car, i am 21 years old and whens i bought it i was 19.. i can't afford to change car like that lol

But speaking about engine swap, so i already found a abarth engine, which is the same as the sartjet.. only the engine head is different.. found a turkish contact because at the moment they have done much things with this engine, even the NA 1.4L.. and the intern parts of the engine are exactly the same, again.. the engine head is different from the abarth but..

So i know were to get the abarth engine, with turbo, needed wiring, xhixh is not a lot cause they are pretty equal, and for the intercooler, just grabing parts from the 1.6 multijet will fit directy my car and can even upgrade those, basicly this is a direct fit, knowing as you said i need to change some wheels bearings, which i will done, and upgrade braking system, same as the alfa romeo 156..

I have some italian and turkish people helping me, and a trusted garage of me here in france that will do the job, i just need to buy the parts for them..

Will keep you posted

Thinking of replace my headlight with the Hatchback ones.. or retrofit them

knowing as you said i need to change some wheels bearings, which i will done, and upgrade braking system, same as the alfa romeo 156..

You haven't been paying attention to what i said. Yo would only need to replace the wheel bearings, IF you replaced the Gearbox+driveshafts.... as you say there's no need .. because the one you have is compatible.

Good luck!

Good lad. This will be interesting.

Also, what's better about the Hatchback headlamps? :confused:

Ralf S.

They have integrated projector and LED DRL, but i don't care about the DRL LED... i started today the headlight disassembly, already disasselbled the headlight it selfs, Front bumper had to go out, i am waiting for the bi xenon projector to arrive..

Ck58f4y

3pFWEK9

gHXGq2G

I bought the Aharon Mini H1 Bi-xenon projectors from retrofitlab.. they should arrive by friday :)

You haven't been paying attention to what i said. Yo would only need to replace the wheel bearings, IF you replaced the Gearbox+driveshafts.... as you say there's no need .. because the one you have is compatible.

Good luck!

Sorry miss understand there, sorry about my english by the way..

But i will uprade brakes so the bearings will be changed as well

Back