Technical P0710 - Temperature ( from CAN )

Currently reading:
Technical P0710 - Temperature ( from CAN )

Zron

Hi all,

An error code -- P0710 Temperature ( from CAN ) shows on Multi Ecu Scan, erased and came back on.

On the dash , no warning lights whatsoever, no leaking fluids on the pavement, driving is fine.

Found something on the website suggests ---- P0710 means that your transmission is overheating, or that the sensor is faulty. This could be due to leaking, low, or dirty fluid, or a bad sensor

P0710 FIAT Description
The Automatic Transmission (A/T) fluid temperature sensor detects the A/T fluid temperature and sends a signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

Had a suggestion from HonestJohn , it could be the faulty temperature sensor.

Any advise is much helpful, many thanks.

Scot

Attachments

• IMG_20180106_143921.jpg
    IMG_20180106_143921.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 988
Pretty easy to test the sensor it will either be a ntc or ptc type set you multimeter to ohms , and warm the sensor if it’s a ntc the resistance will go down the hotter it gets and a ptc it will go up , also see if you can see an actual live reading on multiscan do it when the vehicle is cold so all sensors are at ambient temp and see if it’s way above what it should be at that

Hi K333fer,

Where is this sensor located?

Wil look for the transmission temperature on mes, good suggestion, thanks!

Just used the mes software, unsure which to look for, is there a mechanical name for transmission temperature sensor?

1 thing did sound interesting was the message
- Take appropriate action to fix this sensor fault
Does it indicated that the sensor is faulty? Not low on transmission or dirty fluid.

1 garage said they are unable to determine an actual fault
--
Hi scot
Their is no way to determine actual fault,
need to change sensor first & go from their

We are unable to price up due to no book time
We would need to see vehicle, main agents
said two sensors fitted to gearbox unable to say which is needed
depends where they are on gearbox, one sensor £220.54 + vat
other sensor £78.36 +vat both parts special order, so would need payment for part up front
before we order. Once order cannot cancel order.
My boss said if you call around he would check where sensors are & quote you labour then
To check where sensors are he would not charge you.
Best Regards
Yvonne
----

Any advice is great help, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180314_090545.jpg
    IMG_20180314_090545.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_20180314_090856.jpg
    IMG_20180314_090856.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20180314_090910.jpg
    IMG_20180314_090910.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20180314_090925.jpg
    IMG_20180314_090925.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20180314_090940.jpg
    IMG_20180314_090940.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20180314_091146.jpg
    IMG_20180314_091146.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20180314_092141.jpg
    IMG_20180314_092141.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20180314_092241.jpg
    IMG_20180314_092241.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20180314_092311.jpg
    IMG_20180314_092311.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20180314_092549.jpg
    IMG_20180314_092549.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 148
Hi all,

An error code -- P0710 Temperature ( from CAN ) shows on Multi Ecu Scan, erased and came back on.

On the dash , no warning lights whatsoever, no leaking fluids on the pavement, driving is fine.

Found something on the website suggests ---- P0710 means that your transmission is overheating, or that the sensor is faulty. This could be due to leaking, low, or dirty fluid, or a bad sensor

P0710 FIAT Description

The Automatic Transmission (A/T) fluid temperature sensor detects the A/T fluid temperature and sends a signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

Had a suggestion from HonestJohn , it could be the faulty temperature sensor.

Any advise is much helpful, many thanks.

Scot

The battery voltage on the data generated when the fault was logged is slightly concerning and it was not running but gear 1 was selected

Hi K333fer,

Which data u were referring to, and what can i do?

Thanks

The battery voltage on the data generated when the fault was logged is slightly concerning and it was not running but gear 1 was selected

Hi,
About the battery anomoly and 1st gear, which photo were u referred to?

These few photos, the electrical socket ( right below oil filter ) is greased , i suspect its the engine oil in the oil filter dripped to the socket at the previous oil filter change, i did asked a mechanic and he said not to worry as the grease will give the socket a layer of seal.
Do you know what is this connector for? Its is hard to reach as its position wedged between the radiotor and the engine,
Could it be the transmission temperature sensor ?

Can i spray it with the electrical contact cleaner? A real long blast!

Please advise, thanks.

Scot

Attachments

• IMG_20180316_101550.jpg
    IMG_20180316_101550.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_20180316_101506.jpg
    IMG_20180316_101506.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_20180316_101905.jpg
    IMG_20180316_101905.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_20180316_101828.jpg
    IMG_20180316_101828.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 528
  • 15211962958531822139754.jpg
    15211962958531822139754.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 460
Hi,
About the battery anomoly and 1st gear, which photo were u referred to?

These few photos, the electrical socket ( right below oil filter ) is greased , i suspect its the engine oil in the oil filter dripped to the socket at the previous oil filter change, i did asked a mechanic and he said not to worry as the grease will give the socket a layer of seal.
Do you know what is this connector for? Its is hard to reach as its position wedged between the radiotor and the engine,
Could it be the transmission temperature sensor ?

Can i spray it with the electrical contact cleaner? A real long blast!

Please advise, thanks.

Scot

Hi contact cleaner is OK to use, no harm in trying.
The garage are incompetent if they say they cannot tell which sensor is faulty without changing it. Try ringing a couple of auto electricians and asking if they know the system and how much they would charge to test the sensor(s). You are supposed to be paying the garage for expertise, not letting them make profit on parts you might not need.
I'll look at MES tonight in simulation and see if I tell what sensors there are.

Robert G8RPI.

That’s the air con clutch wiring yeh no problem to clean with that

Hi K333fer,

So the connector has nothing to do with the sensor, does the grease on it bad for its functionality at all?

I spoke to an auto electrician, he is not sure the sensor exist because the way how qubo auto is, to my understanding its a manual gear box with robotic control over it, simple term, is it automatic transmission ? Which got the sensor for transmission temperature.

Please advise, thank u all.

Scot

Hi K333fer,

So the connector has nothing to do with the sensor, does the grease on it bad for its functionality at all?

I spoke to an auto electrician, he is not sure the sensor exist because the way how qubo auto is, to my understanding its a manual gear box with robotic control over it, simple term, is it automatic transmission ? Which got the sensor for transmission temperature.

Please advise, thank u all.

Scot

No it won’t hurt it at all it’s got a seal inside it anyway
Now as far as I can tell from the oil listings there is 2 auto boxes fitted to them I def know the earlier one was a manual with electronic shift and clutch control haven’t seen the later one

Have just been looking at the gearboxes on eBay as far as I can work out the easiest visible difference between them is the later one has an accumulator sphere on the top a black ball shaped thing near the back at the top of the gearbox I’ve got to go to my local factors in the morning they have the fiat parts system I will see if he can look up the temp sensor

No it won’t hurt it at all it’s got a seal inside it anyway
Now as far as I can tell from the oil listings there is 2 auto boxes fitted to them I def know the earlier one was a manual with electronic shift and clutch control haven’t seen the later one

Hi K333fer,

Is there a way to check the sensor and its whereabouts?

According to Fiat , there are 2 different sensors within the transmission ( prices quoted , see above post )

Thank you.

Scot

Hi K333fer,

Is there a way to check the sensor and its whereabouts?

According to Fiat , there are 2 different sensors within the transmission ( prices quoted , see above post )

Thank you.

Scot

I will see what it lists and how good the picture is in the morning

Well according to Multiecuscan (MES) the multijet Qubo has either a CFC300 or CFC308 Selespeed gearbox. This is an automated manual box. MES reports 3 temperature parameters from the gearbox ECU, Engine temperature ( coolant temp from engine ECU via CAN), Gearbox oil temperature and Clutch temperature. Apparently both of these are calculated from the engine temperature so no actual sensors in the gearbox! However it is determined, a session or two with MES should tell you what "temperature" is wrong and if it is a sensor or not. MES can graph the parameters and fault indication so you can see how the signals respond as the car warms up.
If you are near Cambridge I'd love to put my diagnostics (MES) on it.

Robert G8RPI.

Well according to Multiecuscan (MES) the multijet Qubo has either a CFC300 or CFC308 Selespeed gearbox. This is an automated manual box. MES reports 3 temperature parameters from the gearbox ECU, Engine temperature ( coolant temp from engine ECU via CAN), Gearbox oil temperature and Clutch temperature. Apparently both of these are calculated from the engine temperature so no actual sensors in the gearbox! However it is determined, a session or two with MES should tell you what "temperature" is wrong and if it is a sensor or not. MES can graph the parameters and fault indication so you can see how the signals respond as the car warms up.

Robert G8RPI.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your advise, can u guide me through what to look for on the mes, or is it too much for me to handle?

Many thanks.

Scot

Hi,
Just saw the screenshot on the first post, seems you have access to MES, is this yours?
The fault report eems to indicate a missing CAN parameter. You need to connect to the engine ECU and see what the engine temp there is and then connect to the Selespeed ECU and see what engine, oil and clutch temperatures are reported there.
I note that the MES says it's patched. This is illegal software, if it's yours please get a proper registered copy. It's only €50 and worth every cent. The author is also on this forum.

Robert G8RPI.

Robert G8RPI.

With that in mind I’m now wondering if there’s not actually a issue in relation to temperature and it’s just set the code due to a can comms issue due to low voltage which was 10.3 v when the code was set , if so and no noticeable issues I wouldn’t worry about it

Back