Off Topic Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Currently reading:
Off Topic Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Having just given up on taking the other half to work because of grid lock in and around Norwich. It made me smirk passing the 20 od so car and vans blocking my route home by driving along a verge through the 18 in deep drifts and then up the hill and away. in the 4x4. The thing is just astonishing. It was worth 10,000 pounds just for the one trip! I may even forgive the fuel consumption for the way it dismisses the conditions. Sorry for the 2x2 who are not so lucky.

i did try the Bravo which is on brand new tyres, but the traction control was working so hard it would not do 20mph and then only just, after many tries did it go up the tiny slope into the garage.

So far then its cost about £500 a mile to be able to not get Mrs to work....... Not the best use of cash me thinks.

Having just given up on taking the other half to work because of grid lock in and around Norwich. It made me smirk passing the 20 od so car and vans blocking my route home by driving along a verge through the 18 in deep drifts and then up the hill and away. in the 4x4. The thing is just astonishing. It was worth 10,000 pounds just for the one trip! I may even forgive the fuel consumption for the way it dismisses the conditions. Sorry for the 2x2 who are not so lucky.

i did try the Bravo which is on brand new tyres, but the traction control was working so hard it would not do 20mph and then only just, after many tries did it go up the tiny slope into the garage.

So far then its cost about £500 a mile to be able to not get Mrs to work....... Not the best use of cash me thinks.

Joke...

I'm sure there is a route with limited inclines..and ZERO traffic..
Near you.. the vistorians even sent them into towns..

Now THAT is planning ahead ;)

Glad I was able to give the A14/A11/A47 a miss this morning (well-timed industrial action (y)) but the truth is that, no matter how capable your vehicle, if the road ahead of you is blocked by stranded HGVs and sideways-slithering BMWs and Mercs, you ain't going nowhere anyway.

Last edited:
Panettone Iced Cake Fed Panda

Attachments

• Panettone Iced Cake Fed Panda 28 Feb 18.jpg
    Panettone Iced Cake Fed Panda 28 Feb 18.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 110
Mine is up on a ramp at the moment, but during the last extremely bad snow in Ireland (Winters of 09/10 and 10/11) I was astounded by what the Panda could handle. Decent enough power to weight through the front wheels. Don't know if the tyres - the OEM Goodyear Eagle F1s - had any input to it or if they may even have been a hinderence.

I had a company car then which was also surprisingly capable - 1.6D Citroen C4 coupe - so my sister borrowed the Panda as her Brera was having severe trouble on hills!

Don't know if the tyres - the OEM Goodyear Eagle F1s - had any input to it or if they may even have been a hinderence.

I don't remember Eagle F1s being any good in the snow when we had them on my wife's old Leon Cupra, but I was surprised to see, while mooching around our local Jaaaag dealership last week, that they were fitted to the E-Pace in the showroom.

Tells you all you need to know about how often your average E-Pace is likely to venture off-road!

Last edited:
Back