Technical Too much oil fiat pinto grande help please

Currently reading:
Technical Too much oil fiat pinto grande help please

Adam2019

Hi I have been a bit of a tool and put too much oil in my fiat pinto I've cleaned all the spark plugs drained the oil cleaned out the air intake but it still doesn't start any ideas thanks in advance

Start with the basics.

Clean the cam' and crank sensors.

Then work your way round all the other plugs and stuff around the engine.

Unplug, clean, replace, try to start; next...

...until it's up and running. I don't imagine it could be anything serious.

Hi I have been a bit of a tool and put too much oil in my fiat pinto I've cleaned all the spark plugs drained the oil cleaned out the air intake but it still doesn't start any ideas thanks in advance

hi,

what engine.. and how much extra did you add,
assuming @2.5 litres was required..??

did you put the plug leads back in the correct order..? ;)

Charlie

I put 5ltrs in :( and I've cleaned them all and all the spark plugs smell like petrol instead of oil and do they have to be in the right order how would I realise what order to put them in ? Also its a 1.2 grande I've cleaned out the carb took it off cleaned it still not running also had battery checked and that's fine thanks

I put 5ltrs in :( and I've cleaned them all and all the spark plugs smell like petrol instead of oil and do they have to be in the right order how would I realise what order to put them in ? Also its a 1.2 grande I've cleaned out the carb took it off cleaned it still not running also had battery checked and that's fine thanks

Pinto jokes aside..

What year of grande..?

Generally firing sequence is 1 3 4 2

1being the uk drivers..timing belt end

4 is the gearbox-battery end.

Have a look in the FAQs..

Or GUIDE for the mk2 punto..

90% sure there is a good picture explaining the correct HT lead routes in mk2 section.

The spark needs to be at the correct cylinder at the correct time.

Generally the LENGTH of the lead points to the order from the coilpacks.

Ive not owned a 4cyl grande..

Charlie. Oxford

Haha my bad punto :) yeah I'll try that and its a 2007 plate mate I'll give that a try now see if works it did get going and blew loads smoke out but after that didn't work :(

Back