Technical Carburetor mixture screw adjustment

Currently reading:
Technical Carburetor mixture screw adjustment

turbo93

Hi all,

Im trying to adjust the mixture screw in my 1000 fire panda and cant seem to get it right. The engine misfires on rapid acceleration and is idling rough. The carburetor has been dismantled and had new gaskets and all the jets cleaned out thats why it lost the setting. What is the best way to adjust the screw?

Thanks a-lot

Also be sure it’s firing correctly first it may also be the auto advance

Hi all,

Im trying to adjust the mixture screw in my 1000 fire panda and cant seem to get it right. The engine misfires on rapid acceleration and is idling rough. The carburetor has been dismantled and had new gaskets and all the jets cleaned out thats why it lost the setting. What is the best way to adjust the screw?

Thanks a-lot

Screw in mixture screw till it stops, screw back out one and a half to two turns, run engine to temperature, turn screw in until misfire/judder/engine note changes, turn out until the same happens, turn back in until engine runs smooth. Although suspect not the issue your having.

Mal.

Screw in mixture screw till it stops, screw back out one and a half to two turns, run engine to temperature, turn screw in until misfire/judder/engine note changes, turn out until the same happens, turn back in until engine runs smooth. Although suspect not the issue your having.

Mal.

Ill try this. What do you think it could be if not it? Leads and plugs are new. Car has sat for roughly 5 years. But its not the first time i started it in the past weeks.

Ill try this. What do you think it could be if not it? Leads and plugs are new. Car has sat for roughly 5 years. But its not the first time i started it in the past weeks.

Could be the vacuum advance, take the rubber pipe connecting it to the back of the carb at the carb side. Try sucking on the pipe, there should be a lot of resistance, if there is not then you'll need a new vacuum advance or may have a split in the pipe.

Could be the vacuum advance, take the rubber pipe connecting it to the back of the carb at the carb side. Try sucking on the pipe, there should be a lot of resistance, if there is not then you'll need a new vacuum advance or may have a split in the pipe.

So it does that big of a difference? Ill try it though. Thanks alot? :)

Assuming its been tuned with a working on then yes, If I pull the pipe off my vac advance on the 4x4 it kills the engine (or did last time I did it).

I did this and it only made it worse so im assuming its not this.

Back