Tuning HELP PLEASE!!! Can anyone confirm if these coilovers will fit my Stilo? 1.9 Multijet

Currently reading:
Tuning HELP PLEASE!!! Can anyone confirm if these coilovers will fit my Stilo? 1.9 Multijet

Travis9599

The previous owner said they were meant for the diesel/ Abarth but he had them on his 1.8? Any help would me much appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• 5D7377B4-4CC9-4AF1-8175-1422F5B41580.jpeg
    5D7377B4-4CC9-4AF1-8175-1422F5B41580.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 34
  • BDC83596-096A-4693-A619-1CDDC9E979AB.jpeg
    BDC83596-096A-4693-A619-1CDDC9E979AB.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 41
The previous owner said they were meant for the diesel/ Abarth but he had them on his 1.8? Any help would me much appreciated thanks.

Hey Travis

See my thread - blow out (wheel trashed).

I bought some coilovers, the data sheet said it was for my engine - ********...

Our 1.9 Mulitjet has wider brackets on the shockers for the hubs to bolt in on the front.

The rear will fit and be ok, but the front wont.

You need to find some that are for the 2.4 Abarth.
Our 1.9 Multijet 150 uses the same hubs (same fitment).

If the 2.4 is a similar weight, shouldn't be an issue however i gave up after wasting over £500 on parts and kept getting sent wrong parts.

Eventually - i did some digging with Bilstein and their catalogue - check their part numbers for 1.9 150hp diesel and the 2.4 170hp petrol and you will find that the Bilstein B6 and B8 (front and rear) are the same part number and used on the 1.9 (150hp) and 2.4 (170hp)

The springs are different though, well they only list springs for the 1.9, not for the 2.4.

So that confirmed it for me - if bilstein kits are identical part numbers and kit numbers - they must use the same shocks / springs fitments.

ePer is slightly different, shocks are different for multijet and 2.4 in eper, however - i would trust bilstein.

Can anyone else comment?

Just checked the KW part number too...

And I was correct - it wont fit our cars due to the stronger, bigger and thicker hub brackets required for the Hubs.

found this on that part number your friend has:

http://www.kwsuspensions.co.uk/kw-coilover-variant-1-inox-35720.html?typ=17651#jumpProductNotes

If you click on the installation manual - its for that part number you have in the picture.

Wont fit our 150hp model, cant seem to find any under £700 that will, and even then - if i had £700 - its finding them instock that is a pain.

br
Dan.

Brilliant thankyou Dtimmins1985 as always a huge help!! So what your saying is the 2.4 Abarth suspension parts/ coilovers should fit our 1.9 multijets? Can’t belive how pricey they are?

Brilliant thankyou Dtimmins1985 as always a huge help!! So what your saying is the 2.4 Abarth suspension parts/ coilovers should fit our 1.9 multijets? Can’t belive how pricey they are?

Yea they should :)

It's just finding a decent set at the right price - thats why i gave up.
Also, need to check the spring rate etc as the 2.4 might be slightly different in weight which would affect springs drastically.

Billstein make front shocks for 2.4 and 1.9multijet - same part number, same shock.

Springs - they only make them for 1.9, not the 2.4 (none listed).

Rear suspension is same throughout the whole range - nothing should have changed on the rear, weight etc is same at rear, springs, shocks etc all the the same... the only models that will be different is the SW (sport wagon) and the Prodrive spec Schumacher.

Back