Technical Unplugged MAF but no EML on???

Currently reading:
Technical Unplugged MAF but no EML on???

Trickymicky85

Hi all,

Im trying to diagnos a fault i have with juddering on light acceleration between 1600rpm and 2000rpm so i have disconnected the MAF sensor and ran for about 20 miles with atleast 5 stops within those miles and still no engine management light coming on, is this right?

Im led to believe unplugging the MAF sensor i should have the EML light on almost instantly?

Also doing this does not stop my judder.

Cheers ?

A light will appear if you have disconnected it while the engine is running (and engine will subsequently cut out).

If you've disconnected it before turning the ignition on, then no EML, but will run on a different fuelling strategy for the lack of MAF reading

Ah thanks, i did disconnect before running the van.

Would that be the same for the EGR valve? I also disconnected that before running and drove for 20 miles (ish) and no EML light for this either ?

Did running the van with egr blanked off fix the judder? Mine is getting on my nerves now doesn’t seem as often or as noticeable if I put an additive such as wynns goldtreatment or redex in and run it. Very confusing lol

No judder still here, iv literally done everything i can think of too even down to change the dual mass and clutch. I have another thread on it with all the stuff iv done and still a judder ?

Back