Technical X290 dab radio issue

Currently reading:
Technical X290 dab radio issue

rolopolo

Established member
Anyone come across this,

(2017 Euro6 x290 130)

Sat Nav, DAB, CD head unit

This morning it refused to work on the Radio function!

Media (aux, usb or Bluetooth) sat nav, etc all work fine

But pressing the Radio button, nada zilch nothing!

Then after about 30 mins the Radio function worked

But

Only on FM & AM

No DAB

Anyone had this happen

Unfortunately I’ve had to leave my laptop as after updating multiecuscan to 3.9 or trying to, laptop decided I’m not an administrator and stopped the update, after removing the old version

Then proceeded to do a windows update 3hrs ago
So I can’t plug in and see if any faults or proxy alignment will sort it

Lost without talkSPORT!!!

Is it vp1 or vp2 unit? I know this fault can be related to software in vp2 unit the latest version can solve this

How do I tell which one it is?
I did ask the useless service dept at first trucks cov to do any radio updates and van updates at service last month

I’m guessing they didn’t as all issues (dab quality) and engine running were still present
But it’s got to go in for egr pipe recall fitting so I will stand over them and make sure they are done

Thanks

I’m sure the service department not as bad as that it may of been checked when you said but when these units play up first action is to check software version in unit that’s what a fiat dealer would do,as for you standing over them to do recall you could be in for long wait if heat exchanger cracked

They say it’s just a bracket needed and a couple of hours, believe me, they are that bad, but they’re the only FPro dealer nearby, iveco main dealer with 1 fiat mechanic who’s never there

Back