Fiat Panda Green Fantasia

Currently reading:
Fiat Panda Green Fantasia

FiatHearted

Hi there....

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me and offer a little guidance and advice on my Fiat Panda Green Fantasia. I have spent the last year and a bit restoring this old girl to resemble her former glory. Im really pleased with the finish and hope to enjoy this fabulous little car for many years to come. But whilst at the local garage last week, the chap mentioned that there were very, very few Fiat Panda Green Fantasia left in existence and is certainly worth preserving. As a result, I'm trying to find out as much as I can. If anyone can help I would be so grateful.:)

Really? Blimey, it’s nice to know I own a little bit of history. :)

The one I have is the CL1000. Does that make a big difference?

Following the fresh paint job in its original colour, the finishing touches would be putting on the Fantasia Decals. Sadly I am finding locating these almost impossible. I have even unsuccessfully written to fiat with vehicle logbook. No luck! Can anyone suggest whate I can get these? Thanks

Following the fresh paint job in its original colour, the finishing touches would be putting on the Fantasia Decals. Sadly I am finding locating these almost impossible. I have even unsuccessfully written to fiat with vehicle logbook. No luck! Can anyone suggest whate I can get these? Thanks

My experience of Fiat decals of that era was that whilst part numbers were created, no spares stock ever existed. Many years on, I doubt they've added them into the range. I had a 93 Panda CLX that got rear-ended by a BMW 3-series. (Panda repaired, BMW scrapped -WIN) There was a double stripe across the tailgate below the window. Bodyshop kept my car needing only that, for 3 weeks, until I wrested it from them. Stripe never did arrive.

You need to find a Fantasia with original decals, take pictures, tracings, measurements, colours etc., and see if you can get a graphic sign maker to make some. Al done on computer these days, so should not be too expensive.

There's a thread somewhere called "The last green fantasia" or something similar. Have a search for Fantasia, and send PMs to all the owners.

Blimey there were 1.3k in 1994 and now only 10 SORN and 1 licensed exist.

Why? Criminal really how we can lose so much history in such a sort period of time.

Do you have the decals still intact, so available to copy? You might be able to commission several sets, and sell them, to pay for yours.

I have a digital scan of one. I was going to get my graphics guy to make a set. Should be around a tenner.

I only have the Fantasia script with the shooting star underneath, not the block graphic Fantasia or the Mickey Mouse version.

My experience of Fiat decals of that era was that whilst part numbers were created, no spares stock ever existed. /QUOTE]

Yes this a real problem with many of the 80's era Fiats that were rare or special editions.

The Strada 105/130TCs were not special editions as such but they were trim wise special editions compared to the "base" models.

Whilst Fiat mechanicals are (well were) very much common usage across many models then long term support etc. (even if Fiat don't supply) was not an issue. However trim or any of the other complex moulded items can result in a nightmare for owners and when your (say) Fantasia can no longer be a Fantasia then may lose the will to carry on and so slowly but surely the heritage model die a slow death and Fiat don't give a toss.

Yeah.... it's sad really. Fortunately there are those of us who will continue through to the end. Personally, as a lover of old cars, I advocate originality where possible, but maintaining that is becoming harder and harder.

Fantastic, it really is wonderful to find someone else with a green fantasia. If I can be of help in anyway with your restoration, please feel to message me. Likewise, if I find the decals, I'll be sure to notify you. ��

I love your thread!

Back