Technical Mystery judder 1.9jtd 8v

Currently reading:
Technical Mystery judder 1.9jtd 8v

Trickymicky85

Hi guys,

I have a 2004 (54) fiat doblo cargo 1.9jtd 8v and have a judder (kangaroo effect) between 1500rpm-2000rpm on light acceleration and more apparent in 2nd and 3rd gear but very slight 4th and never in 1st or 5th, to get past this judder i either ease off or accelerate harder and its fine, plenty of power, boosts fine and drives spot on except this little judder, judders more when warm put apparent when cold also.

I believe i have tried everything to resolve the problem and to be honest im now at a dead end. I have no lights on the dash and no error codes stored, the things iv done and tried......

New dmf and clutch
New gearbox oil
New airfilter
New fuel filter
New rear engine mount
New crank pulley and tensioner
New battery
EGR blanked off
Cleaned cam sensor
Cleaned crank sensor
Cleaned maf sensor
Cleaned map sensor
Cleaned boost solenoid
Cleaned over boost valve
Checked turbo actuator movement
Back leak test, all equal measures.
Checked all vacuum pipes for leaks
Checked all intercooler piping
Cleaned and checked TPS.
Removed ever electrical connector and cleaned in the engine bay.
Ran 2 bottles of redex as per instructions.

Iv drove with the MAF unplugged and judder is still there and made no difference at all.

This is my first ever post on a forum so please go gentle if i have posted in the wrong thread or missed any info lol Any help or advice would would be great to get be a step closer to resolving this issue.

Thanks

This sounds exactly like my 05 1.9 jtd taken it two different garages and still none the wiser either of anyone sheds any light on this I would love to hear the results as well I’ve been told it could be the fuel pump possibly but I am completely mechanically retarded so I have no idea as yet but my symptoms are exactly the same as yours

I feel your pain ! I was going to change all my injectors but as you probably already know they are not cheap and to find out they are not the problem which i kind of think they are not but just going through a process of elimination.

When i get my judder its almost like boost coming on and off creating the the kangoroo effect but then again iv felt similar with an engine with a fueling issue, one of my reasons to repace the injectors.

Literally do not know lol

Just tried the old trick with the carb cleaner to check for vacuum leaks that i may of missed but still no joy, smoke test next just incase.

I have this on my 06 1.3 As Well. More irritating than anything else, but would like it sorted if possible.

I have this also, mostly when driving nicely and coming off the gas. I've read it could be the gearbox mount under the car. I'm going to change it Monday as I'm doing the clutch. They are only 25 quid so I think it's worth a shot. I will update this thread with my findings

Hi guys,

I have a 2004 (54) fiat doblo cargo 1.9jtd 8v and have a judder (kangaroo effect) between 1500rpm-2000rpm on light acceleration and more apparent in 2nd and 3rd gear but very slight 4th and never in 1st or 5th, to get past this judder i either ease off or accelerate harder and its fine, plenty of power, boosts fine and drives spot on except this little judder, judders more when warm put apparent when cold also.

I believe i have tried everything to resolve the problem and to be honest im now at a dead end. I have no lights on the dash and no error codes stored, the things iv done and tried......

New dmf and clutch
New gearbox oil
New airfilter
New fuel filter
New rear engine mount
New crank pulley and tensioner
New battery
EGR blanked off
Cleaned cam sensor
Cleaned crank sensor
Cleaned maf sensor
Cleaned map sensor
Cleaned boost solenoid
Cleaned over boost valve
Checked turbo actuator movement
Back leak test, all equal measures.
Checked all vacuum pipes for leaks
Checked all intercooler piping
Cleaned and checked TPS.
Removed ever electrical connector and cleaned in the engine bay.
Ran 2 bottles of redex as per instructions.

Iv drove with the MAF unplugged and judder is still there and made no difference at all.

This is my first ever post on a forum so please go gentle if i have posted in the wrong thread or missed any info lol Any help or advice would would be great to get be a step closer to resolving this issue.

Thanks

Check if there is a modified clutch master to slave pipe available, with a damper in or a few circles incorporated in pipe, I seem to remember years ago having similar issue, allowing clutch to pulse back causing a slight judder, not researched so working from memory. Good luck

Mal

I have this also, mostly when driving nicely and coming off the gas. I've read it could be the gearbox mount under the car. I'm going to change it Monday as I'm doing the clutch. They are only 25 quid so I think it's worth a shot. I will update this thread with my findings

I have checked all mounts on mine, they are all fine, theres is small movement as you would expect from these mounts. My judder is more “missfire” like if you gey what i mean. Good luck on the mount though, hopefully sorts you out.

Wow that's a lot of parts changed and work done. Did you do it or was it a garage?
You really need some structured fault finding. A good start would be to graph some key parameters with multiecuscan while replicating the fault.

Robert G8RPI

All done by myself, saved myself alot of £££’s. My next option is what you suggest if i cant find any vacuum leaks with the smoke tester, im hoping i do ! Thanks for the advice.

Check if there is a modified clutch master to slave pipe available, with a damper in or a few circles incorporated in pipe, I seem to remember years ago having similar issue, allowing clutch to pulse back causing a slight judder, not researched so working from memory. Good luck

Mal

Im hoping to keep to genuine parts as van was fine for the last 2 years with what i already have just now this annoying judder has turnt up, im sure its boost or fuel related.

I have also been told it may be an injector problem as well which yes is definitely costly :( I did write a post where another member suggested doing a each scan of the fuel system using the multicuesan software and a code reader but I don’t have the means to do this at the moment. I’m guessing that this could give a better indication as to the problem being fuel or boost related maybe.. I am going to give it a try as soon as possible as it is very annoying and also my fuel consumption has been affected by this problem with the loss of 2-3 mpg lately with no change to driving style or anything whatsoever

I have also been told it may be an injector problem as well which yes is definitely costly :( I did write a post where another member suggested doing a each scan of the fuel system using the multicuesan software and a code reader but I don’t have the means to do this at the moment. I’m guessing that this could give a better indication as to the problem being fuel or boost related maybe.. I am going to give it a try as soon as possible as it is very annoying and also my fuel consumption has been affected by this problem with the loss of 2-3 mpg lately with no change to driving style or anything whatsoever

My mpg has also dropped, not by much but still less. I am booked in next week for a full diagnostics and smoke test, possibly injectors cleaned via ultrasonic so will keep you updated of my findings. Reckon i would of spent more than the vans worth by the time im done but cant stop now lol

A vibe through the steering not strong just annoying did not believe it either

Hi guys,

Should unplugging my MAF sensor and driving for say 20 miles bring up the engine mangement light ?

Mine doesn’t and find this slightly odd.........

Back