General 2 become 1

Currently reading:
General 2 become 1

jerry2

At present I own a very rusty mk3 130 tc and the strada with a kick (fitted with a 2l lancia turbo engine).
The 130 is the one I want to keep even though it's a total rust bucket I have nearly every replacement panel available including the roof skin and seat fabric all genuine Fiat.
The converted one is a non runner at present but has more potential for future upgrades and hopefully offers better reliability (no carbs going out of tune)
The conversion is not the best so will pull the engine and sell the shell. Then probably sell the 130 engine (it does run but not well) and transplant the running gear but get some parts custom made rather than squash bits in.
Any advice appreciated including wiring diagrams or parts etc.

My advice would be to keep the 130TC engine and get it reconditioned and lite tuning it will fly and not put the 16V turbo in the car . The 16V turbo engine is much heavier and ruins the weight distribution . Great in a straight line but not nearly as agile or quick as the standard Strada around corners . My 130TC is fine the way it is and the way it left the factory . In 30 years of having a Strada the body shell is not strong enough for the turbo engine .A posts are very weak and will crack with too much power As for the carbs going out of tune rarely happens . I do mine every year ( i drive it everyday) and a set of motorcycle carb balancers and gunsuns colour tune gets it as close a s can be wothout it being on a rolling road . In the long term the car will be more valuable and easier to sell if you desire .
Up grade your wheels to fifteen inch and wider tyres . 185/60/14 inch tyres were the norm back in the day but the car slides around too much and the sidewalls are too high and its under tyred . I have 195/45/15 inch tyres on 6J 15 Inch wheels and no more body roll and it grips plus a better selection of rubber . However i have 16 inch 7J wheels to go on running 195/45/16 with track day tyres . Should be fun

Last edited:
Back