Posted by solaris9988
The Departure Lounge Cafe
Saturday, April 7, 2018 - 01:00 AM
Until: Saturday, April 7, 2018 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Happy New year too everyone!! For all you waiting for the All Italian breakfast meeting to start again at The Departure Lounge Cafe GU34 4BH (just outside Alton) the first one for 2018 will be on Saturday April 7th @1000AM.

The Lat Oct one we had 0ver 100 Italian cars, every marque was represented we even had a de Thomas Pantera). It will be the same format, informal meeting of Italian car enthusiast, park up, chat, admire the cars, and have a good breakfast (best to get in early before the queue really picks up!). We had the a youtube blogger do a video of the last meeting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGN3Pk8e1TA

As all other meets it's open to any Italian car of any age, and we have had classics through to modern Alfas, Fiat's and Ferraris and everything in between. Attendees have come from across the southern counties, with enthusiasts arranging their own convoys from Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, and Surrey or arriving independently.

The cafe is a great venue for a breakfast meet, as it has a large solid field on which the owner lets us park so all the cars are together and out of the main public car park

As before there are few meeting points, for those coming from Southern Hampshire there is a meet at 08:30 in the car park of Sainsbury's at Junction 7 of the M27 (Hedge End), close to the petrol station, and then drive up in convoy.

I usually meet a few people in Newbury (I drive a 916 Red Alfa Romeo Spider so should be easy to spot) at 0900 in the McDonald car park McDonald - Newbury Retail Park, Pinchington Ln, Newbury RG14 7HU, then who ever turns up there we run down to Alton in convoy.

Please spread the word to other Italian marque forums or boards, and get those cars down there!! the breakfast is worth it on its own!!

So will see you there Sat April 7th 2018!!

Alan :)

Hi All

Only 2 weeks to go, for all planning on Meeting in Newbury I'll be there in my Red Alfa Romeo 916 spider, last 3 number plate digits are PPE @ 0850hrs to leave at 0900hrs

So hopefully see you all there.

Alan

Looking forward to it!

News flash on the breakfasts: the cafe owner is going to open a window service to speed things up for bacon rolls, tea, coffee etc.

Great news!

See you there,
Ross

Yes, I had thought that, but Simon (the cafe owner) reckons the slow bit is the queue at the till and that the window service should speed things up for quick items- we will see!

Looking forward to it, but just want some proper spring weather now.

Ross

Yes, I had thought that, but Simon (the cafe owner) reckons the slow bit is the queue at the till and that the window service should speed things up for quick items- we will see!

Looking forward to it, but just want some proper spring weather now.

Ross

Well, the queue at the till was very slow, taking ages to get to order. But then, it also took a very long time for that order to be delivered, so I don't hold much hope. But am prepared to give it a go, and am ready to be delighted.

So Less than a week to go for the All Italian breakfast meeting at The Departure Lounge Cafe GU34 4BH, weather looking not too bad. The field is well drained so should be OK. So hope to see you all there on Saturday.

Anyone is also welcome to meet up in Newbury McDonald car park @0900hrs Address - Newbury Retail Park, Pinchington Ln, Newbury RG14 7HU, I'll be there in my (916 Red Phase 1 Spider (last three number plate digets PPE)) then we have a convoy down to the cafe.

for anyone coming from South there is a meeting at @0830hrs in the car park of Sainsbury's at Junction 7 of the M27 (Hedge End), close to the petrol station, and then a drive up in convoy.

Looking for to this first meeting of the year

Alan

I'm absolutely there! Was hoping the car would be different since last time - had big plans. Oh, of mice and men.

Looking forward to it. Hoping to give the car a polish and a hoover so I don't have to be ashamed about opening my boot to get something out like I was last time haha.

Might rain now? Not that anyone is a fair weather car enthusiast here. :rolleyes:

Back