General Fiat Camper Around Europe

Currently reading:
General Fiat Camper Around Europe

myrtle67204

Hey guys!
I don’t know if you are interested in this or not but thought to do some postings of my Fiat Doblo.

First, I am an American but living in Ukraine at the moment. My Girlfriend and I bought a 2006 1.3 Doblo Maxi to make into a camper. It started life as a cargo van with a plywood and fiberglass box in the back of it, I assume from the factory. Anyways the previous owners of the van cut it half way out and put a seat in the back of the van. I finished taking the rest of the box out and doing our best to put something resembling an interior in it and adding a shelf/kitchen along with a heater and bed.
We are travelling around Southern Europe at the moment. We are currently heading towards Naples, Italy to visit friends and then back up Italy and over to Spain is the plan. After that back across Italy and into the Balkan countries. Finally ending in Spring back in Ukraine.
We are trying to do videos of the whole trip but it is all new to us, the whole video thing. Hopefully some of you will find it entertaining at the least.

You can find us on Yourtube as the Bumzhi Biker Bandit. I cant post URL's yet sorry or I would...

If you guys have any suggestions of things of us to see, let us know! If you can give tips or anything that would make the videos more interesting please do say!

I will do my best to keep this updated as we go! I hope you enjoy!

Well we are in Rome at the moment. A few days ago we were going around a round about and hear a pop. Stopped to check it out and realized one of our leaf springs cracked....

Anyways we had just passed a salvage yard so we stopped in and picked up some used leaf springs. Found a mechanic to help put them on buttttt apparently the used leaf springs are either worn out or are a different weight. Now the car rides on the rubber stops.... We were 60km from Rome so drove it into Rome like that and have been here a few days trying to find a solution.

Anyways its the weekend now so not much to do but be a tourist!

If anyone has connections or knows a place in Rome that can help us out let me know please! :) Otherwise have a good weekend!

Well guys I ended up going with overload springs instead of adding an additional Leaf to rear leaf springs.

So far its working out well and it was about 6x cheaper than adding the leaf...

Is it an Euro 4 engine or higher?
Be carefull you need emission stickers both in France ( Paris), Belgium ( Antwerp) and almost all big cities in Germany...
If it's not Euro 4, you are not allowed to drive in most of those places!

I dont know really. We just bought the car not long ago. It was originally sold new in Poland and then made its way to Ukraine. It has the 1.3 Multijet in it. For sure we dont have any stickers for emissions on it. We werent really planning on going to Paris. Thinking Southern France and then into Spain and Portugal followed by back across to the Balkans. That could change though. Italy is taking forever to see so we might just do Southern France and then head to the Balkans

Back