Tuning 1.2 8v 60s to 1.2 16v conversion. Virgin or immo off ecu?

Currently reading:
Tuning 1.2 8v 60s to 1.2 16v conversion. Virgin or immo off ecu?

Fiatcinquecento

i have found a mk1 16v ecu that i could use fairly cost effective too. which would be better:) for me to use on this project. car will basically be a stock 1.2 16v running mk1 sporting engine loom. if the immo is off the car will start wont it?
which would i be better off getting, virgin or immo off as they describe!
the 1.2 8v lump wont go to waste either as it is destined for a seicento!!

:idea:

I think you need both.

Immobilizer off- so you don't have to fiddle around getting all the other bits required (body computer, keys etc

Virginized- so the ECU will talk to the body computer, abs etc..

Right?

From my mind( which is probably wrong) if the immo was off, the car would start...
I'm not sure, the page is in Italian too so translated it's a bit of broken English.

Is there a way I can flash and existing ecu that has immo on from another car, like you said about the hex. Is it done through the 3 pin diagnostic port?

I've been reading about the eprom chip, and I have dissected a old ecu I had from a scrap car that I didnt have the key from, and the chip is socketed not soldered, so I'm going to buy the equipment to read and right a 27c512 chip.

I've decided to do this as I am into cinqs, puntos and I want to do this to more, mostly to save me money from already decided ecus.

Anybody have any insight into this?

I've been reading about the eprom chip, and I have dissected a old ecu I had from a scrap car that I didnt have the key from, and the chip is socketed not soldered, so I'm going to buy the equipment to read and right a 27c512 chip.

I've decided to do this as I am into cinqs, puntos and I want to do this to more, mostly to save me money from already decided ecus.

Anybody have any insight into this?

If you are sure it is a socketed chip a cheap TL866CS programmer from eBay will work. However if it is a plastic molded 27c512 EPROM you will need a new one with a quartz window (UVEPROM) and a UV eraser as well. Alternatively you could use a EEPROM that does not need the UV eraser. The SST27SF512 is the ideal replacement but may be hard to find. A Winbond W27C512 will also work.
Finding what bit you need to change is another matter, but the internet is your friend for that.

Robert G8RPI.

If you are sure it is a socketed chip a cheap TL866CS programmer from eBay will work. However if it is a plastic molded 27c512 EPROM you will need a new one with a quartz window (UVEPROM) and a UV eraser as well. Alternatively you could use a EEPROM that does not need the UV eraser. The SST27SF512 is the ideal replacement but may be hard to find. A Winbond W27C512 will also work.
Finding what bit you need to change is another matter, but the internet is your friend for that.

Robert G8RPI.

I think I've just found another language:) I'm completly lost when it comes to this sort of thing. Must try and get my head around it even a small bit.

Eprom is the chip that holds a part of the immo code, it can be wiped and effectively no immo on car. I have bought a programmer and I'm awaiting delivery. Building a punto sporting so this will be very handy. It's cheaper as I can do it to several cars as I won few cinqs as well!

Eprom is the chip that holds a part of the immo code, it can be wiped and effectively no immo on car. I have bought a programmer and I'm awaiting delivery. Building a punto sporting so this will be very handy. It's cheaper as I can do it to several cars as I won few cinqs as well!

Make sure you can re-program and take a copy before you wipe anything. You seem to be describing two memories, 27C512 PROM or EPROM and EEPROM (93Cxx 25Lxx). PROM (or EPROM which is same but has a quartz window to allow erasure) is used to hold the main program on older ECUs. EEPROM is used in small sizes to hold semi-variable data like learn parameters set up and possibly immobiliser codes on ECU's with PROM and in larger sizes (Flash EEPROM) the program memory on newer ECUs that can be re-mapped by electrical connection. These newer ECUs may still have a small EEPROM to hold variables and immobiliser codes. It is the small EEPROM (or equivalent area on Flash) that is erased (or preset with "generic" data) on a virginised ECU.

Robert G8RPI.

well the easiest way to do it is find a ecu that has its og key and codebox, then you just take the antenna off your barrel and tape the key to it and hide that up behind the dash somewhere. But it is getting harder and harder to find a complete set of ecu codebox and key sadly.

regarding the virgin or immobilser removed thing i wouldnt say one is a better solution than the other apart from the virgin one will end up with you having an immobilser. It would be less faff to do that that start copying chips and stuff (unless you have all of the stuff already). If you dont have a ecu, codebox and key all matching and dont care about having an immobiliser then just get one with it removed and you have zero faffing to do (but you will have to tell insurance the immobilser is removed)

But of progress. I bought a mk2a punto hlx 16v with nct and tax for 200. This is the engine I will be transplanting into the 60. I have mk1 manifold engine loom and ecu.
What I'm stuck is, what is meant by proxi allignment.
To do with the instrument dials?

But of progress. I bought a mk2a punto hlx 16v with nct and tax for 200. This is the engine I will be transplanting into the 60. I have mk1 manifold engine loom and ecu.
What I'm stuck is, what is meant by proxi allignment.
To do with the instrument dials?

Proxi alignment is a Fiat procedure that allows the CANBUS configuration to be determined and stored. it can be done with Multiecuscan. The need to do it is normally indicated by the odometer display flashing. Any CAN ecu change will need a proxi alignment.

Robert G8RPI

Both cars are Manuel milage cluster, with the dials, it's a mk1 punto, these don't have the canbus system?

Back