Technical Post theft repair help!

Currently reading:
Technical Post theft repair help!

jbpanda

Hey Guys,

First post here so apologies for lack of know how in advance!

I've had a 1988 4x4 Sisley for just over a year now and unfortunately someone 'tried' to steal it the other week.

Luckily they didn't know what they were doing, but made a pretty big mess especially of the steering column/ignition and the passenger door lock (pictures attached, sorry for the crappy iphone photography)

New locks and wiring is the easy part, but could really do with advice on the steering column/ignition part and how best to go about finding suitable replacement parts.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3167.JPG
    IMG_3167.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3412.JPG
    IMG_3412.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7396.JPG
    IMG_7396.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 98
1st get a stop lock for the steering wheel. Possibly if you had one fitted this could have been different
The door needs beating out pretty simple then refit a new lock. To keep the same get s whole lock set all4 then a column barrel is required. This will need drilling or grinding off hopefully the key contacts are fine full key / lock sets can be bought from recambio or eBay. It
Or put up a wanted post or parts request as a panda may be being broken down for parts.

Just post on "panda parts request" thread
Will try to fonde the parts you need
[emoji106]

Thanks for all the replies! Interesting to hear about the copart listing, the garage I dealt with via insurance was a nightmare so this doesn't surprise me.

Lumek do you think you could source the new ignition switch/housing? That's the one piece of the puzzle I'm struggling with.

Thanks for the info, can't wait to bring this up with them.

Thanks for all the replies! Interesting to hear about the copart listing, the garage I dealt with via insurance was a nightmare so this doesn't surprise me.

Lumek do you think you could source the new ignition switch/housing? That's the one piece of the puzzle I'm struggling with.

I'm checking now to see if I can find one...
would it be the same for LHD/RHD cars?

Back