Technical 500X Taligate switch/Button?

Currently reading:
Technical 500X Taligate switch/Button?

Nello

Established member
Anyone had a dodgy looking taligate switch/button? Ours looks and feels a little loose - as if the retaining clips may be breaking. Still opens OK but ...... Its the bit that's rubbery.
Funnily enough the two other cars we looked at at the same dealer also had broken/missing tailgate buttons. So is this a common issue .

Anyone had a dodgy looking taligate switch/button? Ours looks and feels a little loose - as if the retaining clips may be breaking. Still opens OK but ...... Its the bit that's rubbery.
Funnily enough the two other cars we looked at at the same dealer also had broken/missing tailgate buttons. So is this a common issue .

Mine fell out leaving the microswitch exposed, replaced under the warranty [emoji106]

Yep mine fell out after about 6 months, I put a bit of clear mastic round it and forgot about mentioning at service time. That was a year and a half ago.

Sounds like a common/known issue then - Think I'll be asking for a warranty replacement to be fitted. Thanks all

Sounds like a common/known issue then - Think I'll be asking for a warranty replacement to be fitted. Thanks all

10 days while it's delivered from Italy, but the warranty claim should go smoothly

Yep, was loose on mine when I bought it (used) in February. Fixed by the dealer within a week or so without quibble.

Back