Technical Sedici 1.9 JTD 8V DPF clogging

Currently reading:
Technical Sedici 1.9 JTD 8V DPF clogging

niggles

Hello Guys,
having a bit of a head scratcher here with my gf´s 2008 Sedici 1.9 JTD 8V.

Car has 150000 km now, daily driver on a 40 km return commute and occasional weekends and holidays. Starts reliably and easily, is a blast to drive, good mileage (6.1 l/100km), EGR and turbo replaced by previous owner, recently got a new set of glow plugs as one of them had gone open circuit.
When accelerating hard it will visibly blow soot out of the exhaust for a moment as the turbo spools up. It´s worse on inclines (we live in the Alps...) but even then it will stop once you lift the throttle off a little. This in itself wouldn´t bother me but it seems to slowly clog up the whole engine...
After extended driving (1000 km over 2 days) the CEL will come on and stick the engine in limp home mode, with no prior DPF warning light. At this stage the DPF is obviously clogged (high differential pressure sensor reading) and requires a forced regeneration. Doing this and going on driving will return the filter loading to 20% or so, with a matching low diff pressure at idle.
Driven daily the regeneration seems to happen quite often (MES says less than 200km) but will execute successfully.
EGR and butterfly valve are sooty and oily but in working condition. Actuator test checks out fine. Blanking off the EGR will produce an EGR error but no reduction in smoking. Also cleaned the MAF sensor. Disconnecting it will not improve performance or reduce smoke, all it does is produce an error reading. Injector leak back test did not show any irregularities, also the correction factors are within normal ranges. I can´t seem to find any intake, turbo or vacuum hose leaks, also no unusual noises. Still I suspect something fishy in the boost department (it´s obviously running out of air under heavy load) so I logged some boost pressure data and attached it as a csv.
Can one of you guys please compare this with data from a JTD 1.9 8V that´s running well? IMHO the previous owner´s workshop probably messed up something when they replaced the turbo...

Attachments

• boost.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 43
I certainly could do without the EGR crap gunking up the engine´s intake, but I already tried blanking it off and this would not reduce smoking under load.
So even with the EGR programmed out it would go on periodically clogging up the DPF and eventually burning it up by regenerating way too often...

Back