2017-09-26_17_58_03.jpg

Alfa MiTo Sportiva 1.6 "Jake"

Introduction

Been meaning to post this thread for a few days but with work, etc never got around to it!

Having been driving Marceline way more than anyone should drive a 13yr old Punto, I decided it was time to get something a bit more modern and a lot more diesel as my daily driver. I'd been looking at pretty much anything with the 1.6MJ2 engine as it seemed to have the perfect balance, and then this little gem appeared on AutoTrader and I just had to have it!

Sportiva spec, so fully loaded with the ugliest wheels Alfa has ever designed (seriously, it's like VW rejects!), but with the optional sunroof and BOSE speaker system, and currently on 43k.

Not planning any mods, except perhaps a remap in a few months, been quoted £325 from Celtic Tuning to bring it to 150bhp and they seem to be highly regarded.
Reactions: StevenRB45
So Fuelly now has some figures for Jake after a couple of fuel ups, just shy of 50mpg but that did include about 100 miles/25% of non-motorway stuff, so I expect my back-and-forth-to-work tanks to be closer to 54-55 mpg, which is pretty much what I was hoping for. The initial novelty of cruise control has started to become commonplace, though it does still feel weird not being fully in control of how fast the car is going but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Coming to work this morning at 6am on the M1 with CC on was magnificent!

He does need a clean though as he spent a few nights in and out of a farm, bleugh.

The initial novelty of cruise control has started to become commonplace, though it does still feel weird not being fully in control of how fast the car is going but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Coming to work this morning at 6am on the M1 with CC on was magnificent!

Cruise is a wonderful thing..my record is about 76 miles without touching a pedal. Makes motorway trips a doddle.

The MiTo seems to have that 'lane change' flash function, but it seems to pick and choose when it wants to do it and when it doesn't. Or maybe that's just an Alfa thing?

Anyway, plates fitted this morning as I have the day off work :yum:

really, can't say i have noticed that... i can say that it 100% works everytime with the new steering wheel and boss though (y)

Funny the things you get used to and miss though, the Suzuki doesnt have one wipe wipers, you have to physically turn them onto intermittent and then turn off again to get a single wipe, very annoying but totally used to it now - so much so that i forget cars have it when i drive other cars. And in the 100HP if you do single wipe and push it a minute amount to hard it does a fast and then slow wipe, this is more annoying than not having single wipe!!

Funny the things you get used to and miss though, the Suzuki doesnt have one wipe wipers, you have to physically turn them onto intermittent and then turn off again to get a single wipe, very annoying but totally used to it now...

I think that's a JDM thing as I think Toshi is the same (it's been a while since I drove him so not 100% sure about that!)

Remember i had a micra once?? probs not, that was before my forum days, and my mum had a 200sx when i was growing up too, both them had it... infact every nissan i've been in (thats not ancient) has had single wipe. New Hondas have it but not really been in any older ones that i can think of off top of my head bar Purple Chris's CRX and can't really remember.. I think its co-inky-dink both my suzuki and your mitsi don't have it tbh.

MMmmmm, how far off topic can this thread go, not even at 20 posts and we have gone from 'look at my new alfa' to discussing jdm wiper controls :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
5k miles done, soon be time for an oil change!

No issues to report, other than the fact that the USB port appears to have had it's innards removed, answers the question of why it doesn't work, no idea how that could've happened though!

Back