Need help learning about my fiat

Currently reading:
Need help learning about my fiat

Jontheconnman

I just bought a 1970's fiat 850 sports spider that was left to die in a field. I don't know anything about fiat's, would love some help figuring out what all the codes mean, help finding places to get parts, and a good guideline as to how to get her back road worthy. It's a 100% car everything is there, but he said it's been sitting there with the top down for 15 years or so.

Car has a nice straight body with no major dents or dings, glass is all intact, and has all the parts. The biggest issue seems to be the floor pans that are rusting through, but I believe it's possible to WELD a new floor pan in?

Floor pan is one of the simpler jobs to weld in. You'll need to cross brace the shell before removing what is left of the floor.

I doubt you will be able to get genuine pans, but you can fabricate your own, as long as you are not entering concours competitions.

D

End goal is just a cute and fun car to drive and show off. I'm pulling it out of the field this week and starting to clean it and oil up all the part. And hopefully the engine will be free. I will be looking for a thread to help me tear the car apart soon.

Thank you, I just got her out of the weeds and into the garage. Was gonna pull the spark plugs and put a little oil in the cylinders but they were gone and the motor exposed to the weather, and is now froze. What's best, to replace, restore, or upgrade?

Back