General Engine Crossmember

Currently reading:
General Engine Crossmember

shredu

Hi All

I have a 58 plate 1.6 petrol hp-107 kw-79 Engine code-M16A and the Engine crossmember has just about broken through and i am led to believe this is a common part that goes. Could anyone please assist / suggest to me with finding an Engine Crossmember part for my car or please give me details if the Suzuki SX4 same year etc would fit.

Also looking to see if anyone has changed this part before and if so i would kindly appreciate any step by step instructions, tips / advice on best way replace and if any other parts require to be replaced at the same time.

Many Thanks

Hi All

I have a 58 plate 1.6 petrol hp-107 kw-79 Engine code-M16A and the Engine crossmember has just about broken through and i am led to believe this is a common part that goes. Could anyone please assist / suggest to me with finding an Engine Crossmember part for my car or please give me details if the Suzuki SX4 same year etc would fit.

Many Thanks

Hi, and welcome, :)

not many 1.6's on here..,:eek:

here is a parts fische.. so you can compare part numbers,

https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/diagrams/100/3B/0/0/M40/0/GD/engine-and-suspension

charlie

Hi Charlie

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Yes been through all the posts on here already before i posted mine and done a few online searches and very hard to find information / parts with regards to the Crossmember. Also phoned around a few scrap yards locally but nothing. Also put my details on the online parts finder and only 1 result back as of yet.
I might just have to remove the crossmember and weld it.:(
I will check out the link you kindly gave me.

Many Thanks

Ok could not source a part anywhere without having to pay over the odds for a new part or 2nd hand one so removed it from car and cleaned it up and removed all the rusty parts and welded it then hit with some body schutz and re-fitted. All ok now. :)

Back