General Headlight replacement part number

Currently reading:
General Headlight replacement part number

greebob

I need to replace the passenger nearside headlight as the alignment motor is stuck on, so it failed the MOT due to beam being too low. (Prefer not to change just the motor if I can pick up a replacement light for same money)

The part number quoted on the passenger light is 517126430, however on the driver side the part is 517127130.

When I have looked on ebay for a replacement passenger light, most of them have the part number 517127130 (i.e. the one I have for the driver side!)

Are these two part numbers interchangeable, or is there a resource to check OEM part number compatibility anywhere

Hi, Welcome to the FF.

Left and right headlamps are a totally different shape, so are not interchangeable.

The trailing zeros on the numbers you list is are not part of the Fiat part numbers, although secondhand sellers (eBay etc.) often include them because they're printed on the labels that way.

Part number 51712643 is a left headlamp with fog lamp for a 5 door RHD Stilo.
Part number 51712713 is a right headlamp with fog lamp for a 3 door RHD Stilo.

So one of your existing headlamps is wrong. 3 and 5 door headlamps have a slightly different shape where the outer edge aligns with the wing.

The alignment motors are a common problem, so If you're buying a secondhand headlamp, the motor on it could also be faulty. Also check that the 2 white plastic adjuster screws are not seized or broken.

There is an old 2004 version of the Fiat parts catalogue (ePER) on the blue bar at the top of this page, but it will not show later substitute part numbers, and often doesn't work.

If you want to PM me your VIN, I'll check the later ePER for the correct part number for your left headlamp and any substitute numbers you can search for.

I need to replace the passenger nearside headlight as the alignment motor is stuck on, so it failed the MOT due to beam being too low. (Prefer not to change just the motor if I can pick up a replacement light for same money)

The part number quoted on the passenger light is 517126430, however on the driver side the part is 517127130.

When I have looked on ebay for a replacement passenger light, most of them have the part number 517127130 (i.e. the one I have for the driver side!)

Are these two part numbers interchangeable, or is there a resource to check OEM part number compatibility anywhere

I have a Pair of Headlights from a Multijet 3door that I broke, they are normal headlights - not xenon hid's.

PM me and you can have one cheap - i will also test the motor if you would like.

I was going to keep them to tint them - but i've been working my project and collecting part numbers for a complete full rebuild of every part - including nut and bolt on the front end suspension and subframe etc but im struggling to find the parts at decent prices so i might call off the research and start looking for another motor after christmas.

From your VIN, you have a RHD 5 door Euro 4 Stilo SW Dynamic (MultiWagon) manufactured on 1st September 2006 with the 120 hp JTD 8 valve engine.

Part number for the left headlamp is 51712643. There are no later replacement numbers for it, however the previous number up to 3rd January 2005 was 46780799. The only difference is that the larger of the 2 rear covers on the earlier headlamp was not ventilated, whereas the later one was. So, if you can find the earlier headlamp, you could swap the cover on it with your existing one.

The correct part number for the right (driver's side) headlamp for your 5 door car should be 51712711, not 51712713 (3 door headlamp) that you say is fitted.

Thanks for the help.

Having rechecked driver side it looks like I got a figure wrong and we do have the 517127110 fitted after all.

Keep missing out on all the passenger side 517126430 that pop up on ebay at the moment so will try with the suggested older number.

Not that I could fit it anyway as one of the bumper torx bolts in the wheel arch is proving a bit tricky with the bolt being stuck and hidden in a ridiculous place that is to small for any of my existing tools (more expense on a new set of ring spanners since I can't find my old ones)

Thanks for the help.

Having rechecked driver side it looks like I got a figure wrong and we do have the 517127110 fitted after all.

Keep missing out on all the passenger side 517126430 that pop up on ebay at the moment so will try with the suggested older number.

Not that I could fit it anyway as one of the bumper torx bolts in the wheel arch is proving a bit tricky with the bolt being stuck and hidden in a ridiculous place that is to small for any of my existing tools (more expense on a new set of ring spanners since I can't find my old ones)

Remove the bumper - its much much easier.
You can let it hang down to get at the bolts you want off, just support it with something so it doesnt drop onto the floor or bend and snap any other bits.

Hi, sorry to go on somebody’s post, but I’m trying to figure out how to find part number for my headlight. Some idiots decided to smash my drivers side headlight and I need to replace it ASAP. Could you help? :)

What car do you have? 3dr, 5dr or Sport Wagon (big estate).

Are they standard headlights or HID ones.

If you have a 3dr then PM me, i have a set that i stripped from a 3dr multijet 150hp non hid.

Hi, sorry to go on somebody’s post, but I’m trying to figure out how to find part number for my headlight. Some idiots decided to smash my drivers side headlight and I need to replace it ASAP. Could you help? :)

Have you tried ePer? There's a link in the blue bar at the top of the page.

It looks like there's HID and non-HID. HID have a few options... but for non-HID you have;

51716354 - with NO integrated fog-lamp
51712708 - with an integrated fog-lamp

Be careful if you're looking for lights on fleabay. Most of the new lights for sale are Left-Hand-Drive and they can't be switched to a RHD beam.

Ralf S.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought they all had integrated fog lamp... thats how i found out my old stilo had fog bulbs missing... a thread on here said that all headlamps have them and i found the connector stuffed inside the lamp...

My MJ also has fogs...

Maybe hid do not i dont know but thought they all had them.

Back