Technical removal of grille at top of bonnet (where the wipers are)

Currently reading:
Technical removal of grille at top of bonnet (where the wipers are)

DIZI

Just got a 64 reg 500 Lounge twin air, and as with all the other Fiats we get, we are installing twin horns ;) The only space available appears to be behind the (as I can best describe it) windscreen wiper grille at the top of the bonnet.

To save me some time, can anyone let me know what screws or bolts or whatever need to be undone so we can remove this grille, or at least open it up enough to get behind it?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170912_122021[1].jpg
    20170912_122021[1].jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 145
My guide(username changed) on Front shock absorber replacement shows how to remove the trim panel and further down how to replace it.
Look in the "guides section" as I can't post a link yet

Hope this helps.

Remove wipers. Two little plastic twist screws and a small torx one in the middle. Lifts off and you just disconnect the washer pipe. 5 minute job.

In the real world, those little plastic twist screws are single use jobbies; if you reuse them, the grille will likely wobble about a little after refitting.

The easiest solution is just to replace them with proper bolts, nuts & washers.

Thanks to all of you for such helpful answers, would have replied before but didn't get a notifications of replies on my email until today.

Weather permitting should be sorting this out tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes (y)

Back