Technical rear seat belts

Currently reading:
Technical rear seat belts

gordinir8

Established member
I can't find any related info about rear seat belts. Since I am carrying my kids I need to add a pair of those. Anyone that have done it or have any ideas? Any suitable type that will do the job?

I've fitted reel inertia in rear. Quite a bit of fun. There are specific brackets with captive nuts available - these are not car make specific - just general car seat belt brackets.
I have placed the reels on the rear parcel shelf - very neat installation if I do say so myself. I used fabric stalks for the buckle strap and all looks great. All in cost £50

Hi Gordini8

Here are the rear lap type seat belts I fitted. These are from Van Der Laan and come with all the fixings and lock plates required. The work just fine.

Cheers
Hugh Jarce (y)

Attachments

• IMG_0944(1).JPG
    IMG_0944(1).JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0945(1).JPG
    IMG_0945(1).JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 105
Ah a timely thread!

Can I ask, and perhaps g8 is wondering the same, how one fixes the bits under the seats?

I assume the belt goes between the rear seat and bottom seat segments, but how do they bolt into the chassis?

Looking nice although I need something more than lap type belts. Can we have some detailed pictures please? How they are attached under the seat and the shelf?
Thomas

One bolt through rear "parcel" shelf - bolts slid through the 2" hole behind seat back
One bolt through fire wall at lowest extremity for the "pivot" and one more centralised bolt for buckle

so except the top parcel shelf the others are attached to the firewall and nuts through the engine bay? No screw bolted at the flor right?

Back