General IMHO the best 500x deal you will probably ever see

Currently reading:
General IMHO the best 500x deal you will probably ever see

cowabunga

Hi, as an old 500 owner I haven't posted on the forum in quite a while.

In recent weeks I have been looking on the 500x forum and the guys with a similar spec car to what (I now own) have helped my decision a lot. I am grateful.

I will just write a little at this stage because this is good, you'll like it. I don't want to give the game away all at once because I want the sharp people to get it first.

Look at what I expect is the biggest uk car supermarket, filter on 500x deals, then filter on delivery mileage only.

When the list comes up look at the passione red one. Take a good look at the pics.

Look at the rear, what's that little thing under the release handle? If it is what it looks like what does that imply?

Look in the front, what's that between the front seats? what does that imply?

Why is the boot floor so high?

Is the quoted £10,896 saving really that or really £13k+?

I got one ;)

Sorry, there are 2 red ones with pictures atm.

The car I'm referring to is the Birmingham one.

As for the Burnley one it looks the same spec but I'm not 100% sure from the pictures.

Yes.

The spacesaver's £100.

The Centre armrest comes as part of the comfort pack.

The Rear camera comes as part of the dynamic safety pack.

Costs well over a grand for those 2....and their chucked in for free.

And the seller doesn't even realise. :)

Yes.

The spacesaver's £100.

The Centre armrest comes as part of the comfort pack.

The Rear camera comes as part of the dynamic safety pack.

Costs well over a grand for those 2....and their chucked in for free.

And the seller doesn't even realise. :)

Excellent spec for the price. Bet they don't hang around for long

I am amazed they are still there. A few others like myself will get a great deal.

Even at Jan 2017 prices when red was free their north of £26k list.

These days the 2l cross AT9 doesnt exist (but the rest of the cross range is £1,500 less than cross plus)....doing the sums on July 2017 prices (red isnt free anymore) it's just under £27k.

I had a good read of most, if not all of your historic posts a few weeks ago prior to purchase and can tell you love your 500x, I'm the same, and agree with your comments. Thanks.

When did they drop the 2.0l Cross? The Fiat website only shows 2.0l Cross Plus now, but there are several nearly-new Cross's on AT (and not just at MP, so not imports).

Last edited:
Sometime earlier this year.

I was referencing a Jan 2017 price list and it was on there but then it isn't on the Jul 2017 one.

Then I noticed something else, I played around on the configurator and for cross versions you can no longer get 17" wheels.

16" are standard (same alloy style as the old cross 17") and the normal cross plus style 18" is extra.

I wonder if they dropped it through lack of demand, or because the 2l adds weight and it's too soft on standard 16" wheels.

Apparently you can still order a 2.0 MJ Cross but only with 16" rims and a manual box. The 9 speed auto only available on the Cross Plus at many £

Apparently you can still order a 2.0 MJ Cross but only with 16" rims and a manual box. The 9 speed auto only available on the Cross Plus at many £

That's a shame, its a very good combo.

The motoring press slate the AT9 but I like it. They make 400,000 a year of them and they are fitted to loads of cars including the evoque, disco sport, and the new jaguar e pace.

With the 500 being small I've been hiring cars at xmas over the last few years at xmas, mainly BMW 3 series and C classes, mostly with the ZF auto 8 speeds, this ZF 9 speed doesnt feel a lot different. Last xmas I got an alhambra with a DSG, not nearly as good, felt the same in the DDCT fiat i tried.

The worst I tried was an early auto disco sport back in 2015, not sure if they were fitting the 9 spped at that time but it was awful and clumsy.

I think they may have made software improvements over time.

That's a shame, its a very good combo.

The motoring press slate the AT9 but I like it. They make 400,000 a year of them and they are fitted to loads of cars including the evoque, disco sport, and the new jaguar e pace.

With the 500 being small I've been hiring cars at xmas over the last few years at xmas, mainly BMW 3 series and C classes, mostly with the ZF auto 8 speeds, this ZF 9 speed doesnt feel a lot different. Last xmas I got an alhambra with a DSG, not nearly as good, felt the same in the DDCT fiat i tried.

The worst I tried was an early auto disco sport back in 2015, not sure if they were fitting the 9 spped at that time but it was awful and clumsy.

I think they may have made software improvements over time.

I've done nearly 20k on mine now. It's had it's problems to be fair, but none with the auto box. I bought the auto deliberately cos I was feeling lazy and haven't regretted it for a second. I've said elsewhere this is quite possibly the best car I've ever owned, and despite the gremlins I haven't changed my mind. Just a little jealous of the current price tag [emoji23][emoji23]

I've done nearly 20k on mine now. It's had it's problems to be fair, but none with the auto box. I bought the auto deliberately cos I was feeling lazy and haven't regretted it for a second. I've said elsewhere this is quite possibly the best car I've ever owned, and despite the gremlins I haven't changed my mind. Just a little jealous of the current price tag [emoji23][emoji23]

I've told you the various cars I've been driving and it honestly doesnt feel like a step down, apart from one thing. The physics of it are a bit wrong and I accept that, smallish wheelbase and higher centre of gravity, but then again im not essentially crawling down to sit on the floor like i was in the 3 series. But taking that into account and making a bit of allowance I'm happy.

I was thinking, the evoque shares the AT9, and even though I have never driven one I don't think what I have now would be a million miles away from it apart from a bit of extra power and 10mpg less. Their over 30k.

Just a bit more info regarding my car for anyone interested. I think the rest of the delivery mile examples might be the same.

I looked around and thought the car may have been implicated in the dieselgate affair and perhaps needed a recall, i can't find one. However then I looked on the DVSA website and it does for the concern "loss of drive" where it can apparently just change into neutral.

This was for models built between 12/2014 and 01/2016 and my VIN is towards the end of this range (85%). My feeling is the car I picked up was probably made Q4 2015. So essentially I bought a car nearly 2 years old, registered as a 66, and with 11 miles on the clock. To me it doesn't matter.

Still loving it btw :)

I managed to clear this up by speaking to my local fiat dealer, he checked the VIN.

The car was subject to 3 recalls which have all been complete and there are none outstanding. Makes sense I suppose, as it had been at a main dealer till recently.

Just a bit more info regarding my car for anyone interested. I think the rest of the delivery mile examples might be the same.

I looked around and thought the car may have been implicated in the dieselgate affair and perhaps needed a recall, i can't find one. However then I looked on the DVSA website and it does for the concern "loss of drive" where it can apparently just change into neutral.

This was for models built between 12/2014 and 01/2016 and my VIN is towards the end of this range (85%). My feeling is the car I picked up was probably made Q4 2015. So essentially I bought a car nearly 2 years old, registered as a 66, and with 11 miles on the clock. To me it doesn't matter.

Still loving it btw :)

IMHO this engine WAS implicated in the 'dieselgate' affair and was subject to Recall 6025 because of it.

Details can be found on this thread here

Diesel Emissions - Recall

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=452396

I've been keeping an eye on the cars left for curiosity just to see how quick they go....slower than i expected. There was 19 in the beginning, then they added another at £600 more (toscana green). From those 20 there are 12 left.

What I found funny is the late addition at £13,599 didnt have the £1k+ of extras on that some have (at £12,999), yet sold. Silly people.

Back