General Sad, but time to put that dream to bed...

Currently reading:
General Sad, but time to put that dream to bed...

CamelToephy

Finally decided to part with the Panda...

She's on eBay so if anybody wants to take a look, just: http://r.ebay.com/mNRZiw

I bought her a few years ago as a project to compete in the Mongol Rally and Panda Raids. She was completely dismantled (engine out, axles off, the lot!) and put back together with those challenges in mind, so where possible she’s had new or up-rated parts to ensure she could handle them, including:

* New brake lines, calipers, pads and master cyclinder
* New front and rear shock-absorbers
* Custom sump guard
* Custom petrol tank guard
* Custom rock-sliders
* New Malatesta Snow & Mud tyres x 6 (inc. 2 x spares with rims)
* Front and rear bull bars
* Racking and chequer-plating in the boot and rear passenger space.
* Custom jerry-can storage (2 x 10 litre)
* 20mm Momo wheel spacers all round
* Custom raised central exhaust
* New clutch
* New centrally mounted fire extinguisher
* Tinted windows
* Dual front towing eyes

The rear seats have been removed keep the weight down and to create more space for adventure/rally kit. The front seats have been replaced with far more comfortable seats; 10,000 miles to Mongolia on original Panda seats didn’t bear thinking about!

She isn’t the tidiest or the prettiest Fiat Panda on the road, but she’s definitely one of the best ~ And the legendary Steyr-Puch 4x4 system means she can handle just about anything thrown at her. She has a few idiosyncrasies like any old Italian car, and there are few minor jobs that the new owner may like to do.

Everything works that has to; and she sailed through the MOT in April with no advisories. A few of the lights on the dashboard refuse to come on, and the heating needs reconnecting, bit of rust here and there, windscreen water reservoir needs reconnecting ~ Good, fun tinkering jobs for someone that wants to get to know the car. She’s also a few different shades of Stornaway Gray! If you're looking for an immaculate, totally original car, this one isn't for you.

The dashboard is a single stretch of Aluminium, which I never got around to fitting out with all the switches and rally stuff that I was planning on, so you’ve got a blank canvas to work with or simply remove to revert to the original shelf configuration. I’ve got loads of bits and bobs, and spares, including switches and electrical bits for the dash, Bluetooth Sony stereo, gaskets, etc.

Family commitments meant she never got to go on the trips she was destined for, so I'm genuinely hoping that whoever buys her has slightly more elaborate plans than just using her to pootle about in. Have a look at these for a bit of fun:

www.theadventurists.com/mongol-rally/

http://www.pandaraid.com/

She runs really well, sounds superb, and is great fun to drive, especially when you start mucking around with the 4x4.

Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll do my best to get back to you in a timely fashion. She is available for viewing in Bath or near Frome in Somerset.

Thanks for looking, cheers

Jon

Back