Technical Fitting new radio

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting new radio

Fitted a new Radio into my "B" yesterday, the one I removed was an aftermarket item, nothing wrong with it but just didn't suit my "B".
But I've always had an issue with regards to leaving the radio on when I turn the ignition off, so many times I have returned a few days later to find that the battery flat..
The leads on the radio that I removed had the option of swopping over the power to the battery and ignition, but even though I did this I still had constant power to the radio.
Is this the same on all Barchetta's ideally I would have thought that the wire to the battery should go via the auxiliary on the ignition. Has anyone done this?
Regards Dave M

Hi Dave, mine is an aftermarket face off one, and yeah when all turned off the radio is still llit up, when I take the face off there is a little red light always on, which is good as it looks like the car is alarmed

The reason for the option to swap the power feeds over is that not all manufacturers wire the standard block the same. Some Fiats seem to be the 'right' way around, others not.
Ideally you should test the feeds from the car, and then wire the radio accordingly. You may have put them the wrong way around.
The permanent feed is primarily there to keep the station memory, but will be used to power the radio if turned on without ignition.

Thanks Guys for the feedback, really just wanted to know if installation was the norm. And I suppose having a live feed is important to keep the many settings on the radio.
Must post a reminder to myself to turn off the unit when I leave it.

Last edited:
Hi Dave. Just this week I checked off another item on the list and installed a new Kenwood BT-365U. Absolutely love it especially now that I can answer my phone through the radio. The fact that it,s hot when the ignition is off is also something I really like. The Camry that we have drives me mad, kill the engine while my wife runs in to a shop and the radio shuts off. :cry:

Back