General Newly discovered feature.

Currently reading:
General Newly discovered feature.

Bantam1958

Had my 500L for just under three years now and today I arrived home from work, locked the car and put the kettle on. A few minutes later my better half arrived home and asked me why my car was unlocked with all four windows wide open? A search on t'internet gave me the answer. Is it just me that didn't know that an accidental long press of the key fob would open all the windows?

No, it's not just you .. though maybe you're the first one to admit it..

My friend had a super-dooper Audi which would sound it's alarm for a loooooooong time after opening or locking it with the fob. Eventually he found out it was a 'panic button' too. Pressing the button on the fob for too long caused the car to act like a panic/personal attack alarm.

And going back even further, a friend had a classic Riley, and one day he noticed a leather handle inside the boot .. pulled it and was most surprised when a panel lid opened to reveal the vehicle toolkit. He'd owned the car 25 years ..

I wondered about this feature, my old car (fiat Idea ) had it but I don't think my 500L trekking has it ! which would be odd for the top of the range!! lol I'll try and let you know

At least here in Austria, the Trekking is not top-of-the-line, equipment-wise, it costs about the same as the Lounge, has less extras but in turn the SUV like exterior.
Nevertheless I would think that ALL 500L which have remote center locking and electric windows have this feature.

Brandy

Back