Technical if i turn on the Ac on a Punto MK2 should the radiator fan start immediately?

Currently reading:
Technical if i turn on the Ac on a Punto MK2 should the radiator fan start immediately?

geodim

I have one question?

If i turn on the Ac on a Punto MK2 1.2 16v should the radiator fan start immediately?

Thanks in advance

Not in my car. Aircon operates few minutes without starting rad fan at low speed and when the condensor heated up, then rad fan start to operates at low speed. This fan will sitch on off according to the switching on and off of the aircon compressor clutch. But if you stuck in traffic or slow moving, rad fan high will activate to reduce the engine compartment heat.

Thank you very much for the fast response.
I was worried because after I change the condenser, the filter and the pressure valve, last year the ac was not working as good as before.
And as a mater of fact I just come back from the mechanic because the pressure valve had stop working again.
And I was thinking that maybe the poor Ac performance has to do with the radiator fan, Which starts later on not immediately and that the second speed starts only on traffic as you described.

It won't start at the same time as you turn on the aircon but the fan should come on after a few seconds when you turn on the aircon, specifically if you're stationary. Maybe not more than 10 - 20 seconds if the car is not moving then the fan is essential to the running of the system

Back