Technical lambda / oxygen sensor compatibility for Fiat Marea 1.6 2001

Currently reading:
Technical lambda / oxygen sensor compatibility for Fiat Marea 1.6 2001

lukish

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
it's not compatible
If the parts finder says it's not compatible, then it isn't suitable for your car.

Is this the correct one for your car?:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-MARE...020646&hash=item2809f6f710:g:XvUAAOSwT5tWGsnw

Don't be blinded by a cheaper sensor. If they're so cheap, they're cheap for a reason.

Don't buy one of the 'universal' types that come without a connector and require you to cut the existing wires and then join-up the sensor wires. Those type of sensors are nothing but trouble and are a waste of money.

Buy the sensor that has the connector on and is compatible with your car

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks for the reply.

I did some more research, and saw that the cheap sensor I linked above is for the Fiat models without the catalytic converter, i.e. up to 2001, then they changed the part number, as they then had not just one but two lambda sensors, pre- and post-cat.

I checked the brand Delphi, and it seems a pretty good brand (British I think). I also checked the specs, and both the pre-2001 and the post-2001 lambda sensors have the same resistance, i.e. 4 ohms; moreover, their respective cable lengths and plugs are also absolutely identical (so I won't need to faff around with cables etc.).

So I went ahead and bought the cheap one anyway, as I think it should be identical to the other. If anybody knows any better, please let me know.

Otherwise, I will just swap it in, and I will monitor consumption for the first few weeks, and will let you know how it goes...

Back