General Yellow triangle with exclamation mark.

Currently reading:
General Yellow triangle with exclamation mark.

Hi does anyone know what the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark means it has been on twice now.No other warning light on and no bulbs out either.

It's the "wallet warning light" :rolleyes:.

Unless you can pinpoint some repeatable sequence of actions which causes it to illuminate, finding the reason will likely require you to get the fault codes read.

My panda will sometimes, but rarely, display the immobiliser warning light immediately after starting. The car runs fine and thus far has always reset after the next start, but I've never been able to pinpoint exactly what combination of events triggers it. Probably something like starting the car whilst moving after releasing the handbrake on a slight slope at the same time as lowering the drivers's mirror whilst the left indicator is flashing and the heated rear window is on. :confused:

Last edited:
The only thing I have done is replaced the air filter with a Fiat one .could it be a difference in air flow rate because of the new filter?

No. Any difference will be negligible and smaller than the natural variation in atmospheric pressure from one day to the next.

On a car with a modern fuel control system, the air filter makes no difference whatsoever unless you are running with the accelerator fully depressed.

Last edited:
Phil, you could choose to change the remote battery anyway. One on my first Fiat lasted around 4.5 years. Remember to start the car immediately after changing. Also get battery in advance and change while reading instructions. Less risk of "losing" the key. I believe exclamation mark can mean several things. Also may mean nothing. I had low fuel beep come on with load of fuel in. I undid a seatbelt with engine running and got an error message and flashing seat belt icon. Plugged in all seat belts and it went.

Sorry if you already know this, but the reason for the exclamation mark can be displayed at the top middle of the dashboard - for oooh.....about 2.5 seconds. I know this as the dreaded mark appeared on the way to the station this morning, with no explanation apparent. Deliberately watched the dash this evening on starting the car, bingo! "Check brake light."

Hope it might be something similar for you.

Okay so I have not changed the battery in my key fob could it be that.?

check all the "test lights" before starting the engine.

watch it all self-test,
then turn the key to engage the starter..

from 13 years with our old panda, and 5 with a modern TwinAir - I get error messages if I try and rush this.. as there are dips in supply voltage to various sensors:eek:

from 13 years with our old panda, and 5 with a modern TwinAir - I get error messages if I try and rush this.. as there are dips in supply voltage to various sensors:eek:

...which suggests that one of the factors affecting this may be the condition and state of charge of the battery (the one in the car, not the one in the key).

Hi l changed the key battery anyway only cost a pound..i normaly wait for check lights to go out before starting and the stop start has never worked so...i dont no.

Last edited:
It's the "wallet warning light" :rolleyes:.

Unless you can pinpoint some repeatable sequence of actions which causes it to illuminate, finding the reason will likely require you to get the fault codes read.

My panda will sometimes, but rarely, display the immobiliser warning light immediately after starting. The car runs fine and thus far has always reset after the next start, but I've never been able to pinpoint exactly what combination of events triggers it. Probably something like starting the car whilst moving after releasing the handbrake on a slight slope at the same time as lowering the drivers's mirror whilst the left indicator is flashing and the heated rear window is on. :confused:

On the 169 the light comes on to tell you the immobiliser is doing s self test apparently. I had this many times and it always went off and never caused a problem I exect it is the same (daft) process. I want to know if there is a problem but certainly not that teh cars computer is running a background check...... I put it down to its being Italian and humour it by taking no notice in a polite English manner!

On the 169 the light comes on to tell you the immobiliser is doing s self test apparently. I had this many times and it always went off and never caused a problem I exect it is the same (daft) process. I want to know if there is a problem but certainly not that teh cars computer is running a background check...... I put it down to its being Italian and humour it by taking no notice in a polite English manner!

Warning lights are designed to illuminate briefly as part of the power on self test procedure. This isn't daft, it's an important check to verify that the warning lights are working correctly. Some (notably the alternator & oil pressure warnings) won't extinguish until the engine is running, and it's important to check they are actually lit before attempting to start it.

What's being discussed here is illumination of the immobiliser light at other times; in my case, the light will (rarely) sometimes come on after the engine starts. I haven't been able to reproduce the circumstances under which it does this.

Last edited:
Hi, i now know what setting off the warning triangle..Its the STOP START..I get a message saying "stop start not availible... is my batterey low in charge? It shouldnt be last week i did 275 miles to lake Windermere and back lastweek so any ideas..
Thanks.

Hi, i now know what setting off the warning triangle..Its the STOP START..I get a message saying "stop start not availible... is my batterey low in charge? It shouldnt be last week i did 275 miles to lake Windermere and back lastweek so any ideas..
Thanks.

Good point Phil.
I'd be inclined to check the battery voltage first thing in the morning with a multimeter directly across the battery terminals without the engine running.
This will give you an idea of how the battery is holding up overnight.
Mine reads 12.2v after an overnight rest but anything below 11.8v to my mind could mean the battery is getting tired.
Once started and running the battery should be reading between 13.8 & 14.4 volts.

Will do..but i am guy who fix it if it will not go..so as long as it start first time which it does i will leave it .My battery has lots of wires coneected to it .its not simple anymore..
I have my MOT next month will it pass if this info light is on at the time of test.?
Thanks phil..

Will do..but i am guy who fix it if it will not go..so as long as it start first time which it does i will leave it .My battery has lots of wires coneected to it .its not simple anymore..
I have my MOT next month will it pass if this info light is on at the time of test.?
Thanks phil..

Does the triangle disappear if you press the button to disable Stop/Start ?

Hi..No what happens is. The info triangle comes on and a message say stop start no avable. And the info triangle stays on until i turn off the ignition.Pressing the s/s button makes no diffence.

Back